In college I took a semester of Ceramics. I loved it....If you knew me during this time you knew I would go into the studio at all hours to practice throwing on the wheel, hand building or work on some project that I was trying to master. I loved sinking my hands into the clay and turning out beautiful projects that I could keep forever. At the end of the semestser my professor even threw each of us our own project of chioce that he signed as a keepsake. Most of my stuff was pretty amatuer but still beautiful in my own eyes.
I now have the opportunity to put my skills to the test at the Whirling Wheel, a cute studio here in Charlotte. Sarah K. has had an artisitc craving and she asked me to join her in an 8 week course at the Whirling Wheel learning all of the techniques to throw pots, glaze pots and whatever else we might want to get our hands into. We will meet each Wednesday night and I could not be more excited.
Philip has challenged me to make a flower pot..
I want to make something for our bookcase to display.
Class starts after Labor Day. I will keep you posted on my progress....
I am so excited!! Can't wait to nip this bug. We are going to have a great time together. Get ready to get messy!!
ReplyDeletethat is right down the street from me, i was going to sign up for that too! but i am doing the thursday class. fun!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!
ReplyDelete