Growing up the first day of school was a BIG DEAL.
Starting in Preschool my dad recorded the first day of school from the minute we woke up, to getting ready, to eating breakfast and to walking out the door.
He did this ALL THE WAY UNTIL COLLEGE...for both my sister and I.
There was a routine which consisted of talking about where we lived (we moved a lot) what school we went to that year, who was our teacher, what grade, what we were wearing (mini fashion show), and most importantly sing a song (which was usually sun rise sun set).
We got used to it. It was the routine and looking back on it a memory we truly cherish.
So much that I MUST continue this tradition with my children.....so here goes....(it's long, but worth it to us to have this memory!)
Full day 2's: Kelly & Alex
Charlotte Jewish Preschool
August 1st, 2011
Navy Polo Shorts, Vineyard Vines polo and New Balance Sneakers
Backpack and lunch bag are from L.L Bean.
His watch was temporarily borrowed from daddy...:)
What a fun tradition that you are now doing with your kids! I didn't know that your Dad did that on the first day of school each year. You might have to bring some of those to life on the blog :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I must have to do something similar!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! We aren't there yet, but I will definitely be copying this.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I hate you for still looking just like in college and being so flippin gorgeous