The last day of school before Rosh Hashanah I decided to put together a cute present for Asher's teachers. It was very last minute. Got to love a 9 pm decision. I put a few ideas together that I found on pinterest using supplies I had at the house.
I hand made the cards from cardstock, cut them down and rounded the corners. I found the quote on another project. Hand wrote it in and let Asher sign them in the morning (with my help of course!)
"Teacher's can not live on apples alone, they need hugs and kisses too"
L'shana Tova, Have a sweet New year!
To create the adorable apple pattern on the front of the card I used a wine bottle cork, chipped out two notches, one on the top and one on the bottom and used it as a stamp. I dipped the cork in apple red paint (fitting much?) and drew in a stem with a black fine tip marker. Love them!
I had left over buckets from Asher's 1 year old birthday that were lime green and neon blue so I spray painted them silver (it was the only "neutral" spray paint color I had), stuffed the buckets full of different flavored hershey kisses and tied them off with twine.
The teachers were so surprised and appreciative.
Although not all of Asher's teacher's are Jewish they all work for a Jewish preschool.
I thought this was a great gift that was Rosh Hashanah themed but not exclusive to those who didnt celebrate. Who doesn't love hershey kisses!?!?



So cute! I can't believe you did all that in a 9 pm decision! You are crafty!
ReplyDelete