As you may or may not know we had a lot of problems during the building phase of our new house.
Jump ahead 6 months - we have been living in the house.
A crack appeard in our tile that went from one wall to the other.....odd right?
They came out took a look.. patched up the grout and on we go. SO WE THOUGHT....
A few months later a neighbor came to my door knocking, "Hey... I am your neighbor. I want you to come look at the inside of my house and see what we are living on...becuase we are suing CENTEX" So, off I went to check it out. Turned out their slab was poured incorrectly and didnt "cure" and it looks like an earthquake hit their slab. I have never seen anything like it in my life...but then again I dont work construction. All of their floors were ripped up and they were living on concrete with large cracks going from one side of the hosue to the other.
WELL.... it turned out that a lot of the slabs in the neighborhood were not reinforced and/or poured correctly. We figured out that we have one crack that goes from one side of the house to the other. We realized this because our hardwood floors are splittinig right where the crack is. CENTEX has been quite attentive to the issue...
LOW AND BEHOLD... when we get back from the Dominican they are ripping up ALL of our Hardwoods and part of our kitchen tile. I cant imagine how this is going to affect the paint we put on all of the trim and walls as well as the just destroy the cleanliness of my house! Good thing this is getting taken care of before we have kids.....
They will be filling the cracks to prevent them from spreading or getting larger as well as putting this protective barrier between the slab and the wood floor so that the hardwoods will not split in the future. I think maybe they should stop pouring concrete slabs.... and start building the foundations like all of the other sections of this neighborhood.
Let's hope in 5 years my house is still standing tall, God willing!
Never a dull moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment