Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Matzah and More...

This year we had the pleasure of attending THREE Passover Seder's.

Typically we only have one Seder but seeing that we are now SUPER JEWS we participated in THREE.

First Seder: We arrived at my parents house at 4:30 PM. My sister and her boyfriend Rich came in to town for Seder and this was Rich's first Jewish Holiday with our family. I think he enjoyed it...especially all of our entertaining Passover songs. My mom made us name tags or maybe place holders for the table on name tags... not sure why, but let's just say that there were only 7 of us and all of us were family except my sister's boyfriend. I am still laughing thinking about it. Just another one of my mom's cute and very memorable touches. This is one of the many reasons why I love her so much. Philip thought it was funny so he put my uncle's name tag, my mom's name tag and his name tage all on his shirt for the seder. The food was very yummy and exactly what I grew up on. I give my mom credit... she does a darn good job with Jewish Holiday food... or at least I think so since I grew up on it.

Second Seder: Philip's parents had some friends in town that were on their way down from Pittsburgh heading to Hilton Head. They stopped through with their grand children. Abe, Nathan and Mollie were so cute! I wish I had a photo of all three of them to show off. Philip and I led the Seder and we had 10 adults and 3 kids participate. We used a Haggadah that Rabbi Judy made just for the Schreibman's and it even had current events information throughout. Very cool....The food and company were great.

After Seder: Now that Philip and I live here in Charlotte we are love that our house has become a place for all of our friends that come home for the Holidays to hang out at. Typically this is much better than the long haul to uptown to go out, pay for over priced drinks and parking etc. We had a good amount of friends come over for drinks and the guys played the Wii and the girls all chatted around the kitchen island as usual. It was great to see everyone. I am really hoping that Courtney, Josh, Ben and Lisa.... all move to Charlotte soon. I always miss them when they are gone and wish that they lived here. It can not happen soon enough :)

Third Seder: Pamela and Josh hosted the 2nd night of Passover at their house with many of our friends from NextDOR (the temple's 20's/30's group that we are active in). Pamela and Josh opened their home up to everyone even though they are getting married in less than 3 weeks. They are amazing....let's leave it at that. The table was set so pretty and it was great to get everyone together.

Josh led the Seder using the new Haggadah's that Philip and I purchased with our names on them ...that we will eventually use when we have kids. They are great and everyone seemed to like them! Thank you to Pamela and Josh for such a wonderful Seder wiiith FANTASTIC FOOD! I particularly loved Kim's mashed potatoes and the corn casserole. Yummmm!


Philip, Josh and Hal taking a break outside to enjoy the lovely evening weather!

By now Philip and I are tired of Matzah and I think we have had enough Seder's for this year. We are so thankful that we got to spend Passover with so many friends and our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment