Monday, June 9, 2008

No Air Conditioning?

I was missing Andrea so much. I had not seen her since this Fall and had not seen her husband Bud since their wedding TWO YEARS AGO. This was a much overdue visit. They came in with Jen and Chris good friends of theirs from college for a wedding of a college friend. I really like to think the wedding was just an excuse to come see us...at least that is what Bud told me.

They arrived on Friday around 4:30 PM completely soaked. They drove from D.C. to Charlotte in an SUV with NO AIR. They are NUTS. Chris' lease was over its miles, Andrea and Jen's cars were in the shop. Bud's car was their only option. I seriously thought they were going to pass out upon arrival...instead they hit up the showers!

I fixed a nice dinner for all of us. Bruchetta, Brie with Raspberry and Phillo for Appetizers. Orzo, Grilled Shrimp, Summer Vegetables, Herb and Lemon Grilled Chicken with a light pesto sauce. Ricotta Cheesecake, banana pudding and pineapple grilled with rum for dessert, YUM! We had a great time and the guys enjoyed playing croquet in the yard.

Saturday morning the guys woke up at 6 AM to get in a game of Golf. Philip headed to Raleigh around 9 AM for his first Australian Rules Football Game for the season. We have been out of town or busy for every other game and this was the first one he could actually attend. I was quite nervous about him going since he had not practiced with the team all year. In case you don't know... Footy is not the lightest sport on your body.
After Golf the guys realized it was too hot for NO AC. They decided to bring the car into a local Firestone. $160 and 4 hours later they had AC. What a relief! We enjoyed lunch/brunch and mimosa's at the flying biscuit which everyone seemed to really enjoy. The wedding started at 3, but they left too late because of the AC situation and missed the ceremony.

Philip got home and was excited to announce the NC Tigers had won their first season game and he was there to play in it. He got to see Courtney and Josh who were there watching the game and that was a great surprise.

Sunday was a catch up day. We ran errands, bought a picture/frame to go in our hallway upstairs, new sprinkler, two pots for our new bamboo plants and went to the gym. We also watched a movie and I DIDNT FALL ASLEEP!
Army Wives started again last night and I am so glad its back. I LOVE THAT SHOW.

Exciting update: Our knockout roses have begun to bloom. We love the color of the roses and can't wait to see more blooms. Everything is starting to come to life outside and we can't wait to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment