The best friends are the ones that always ask, always lend an ear and always make me laugh.
This week was a rough week for me so I ready to close the office doors at 5 PM and leave it in the past.
We started off the weekend with a phone call from Jason and Wes that they were in town for Jason's girlfriend's graduation party and wanted to meet up for dinner. We met them at 131 Main, one of our favorite restaurants here in Charlotte. After dinner we met up with Lisa and Ben who were in visiting from Atlanta at Village Bistro in Ballantyne. We sat outside and listened to the live music with everyone and at Kilwin's ice cream. What a treat! I LOVE Ben's girlfriend Lisa. She and I just click. Ben is one of Philip's best friends from growing up and I am so thrilled that he has found Lisa! We love spending time with them when they come to visit from Atlanta and can't wait to go visit them in August at their place! I alread
y miss her :)
Saturday we made a much needed visit to the gym, ran errands, got ready for father's day brunch and relaxed. We met up with Lisa & Ben and Emma & Dave at Cantina 1511, my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks. Emma is 22 weeks pregnant with a boy and looks so cute! Ironically I saw an ex-boyfriend, Marcus from right out of college who used to live in Raleigh and worked with me at Misys atCantina with his girlfriend... we never made eye contact but it was quite random! After dinner we went to Angry Ale's to sit on the patio and we ran into Sarah Kaplan, Jason Trumpeter and Bo Mechanic good freiends of ours. It was quite a random place so we were very excited to see them. Lisa and I were a pool team against Ben and Emma and we definltey lost when we downed the eight ball in the hole! Gotta love the CHEESE photo we took. We played pool, shuffle board, enjoyed drinks and the roaches that were crawling around on the patio. It was disgusting. It was great to spend time with everyone but it was time to call it a night after the roaches were rampant!
Sunday was FATHER'S DAY!!!
You can see that Pops in the Park attracts quite a large crowd. This is by far one of my most favorite Charlotte summer time events. Note to self: bring bug spray next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment