Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Shabbat. Lake Norman. Gym.

The title sums up the weekend.
Friday night we had Shabbat dinner at our house with some friends.
We had a great time and everyone left with full shabbat bellies.
Finally the patio was put to use as well as the new patio furniture.
An all around great way to end a really crazy work week (work has been hellish lately).


We finally hit up Lake Norman this weekend with our good friend Jason Trompeter.
He has a boat name The Court Ship. His dad is a judget in Roanoke and he picked the name because he had a friend whose boat's name was The Scholar Ship. Fitting I must say. Note his boat was gorgeous and it could sit a lot of people. We took the boat out and enjoyed the day on the lake. Philip wake boarded (which is not easy at all), we blew up and floated around in our new floats from target that were the perfect addition to our lake trip. The weather could not have been better. 85, sunny, not a cloud in the sky. We will definitely be hitting up the lake many more times before the summer is over. Possibly my new favorite thing to do.

We also had a great dinner with friend's of Jason's after boating. Amy's husband works with Jason and Darcy is one of Jason's best friends from work. Darcy and Jason. Amy and Darcy cooked up a fantastic meal as we watched the Olympics...

Olympics. I am a sucker for the olypmics. I love watching all water sports, gymnastics, track and field etc. LOVE IT. I could sit planted in front of the TV all day watching the olympics.

We also managed to squeeze in a Gym work out, pool time, tennis and some relaxation.
This was the best weekend I have had in a long time.
The good news is this upcoming weekend is going to be even better.

GOOD THING BECAUSE WORK BLOWS! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a busy weekend you had- But it looked like you had so much fun! I wish we lived closer to a lake- What a relaxing day it looked like! I hope you'll get to do that many more times this summer!

    ReplyDelete