Call me crazy....but I am CLOTH DIAPERING my child.
I have been looking into Cloth Diapering since before I was pregnant and am 100% confident that I am going to cloth diaper. Not only is this a more cost effective solution long term it is so much better for the environment. For me this is enough of a reason for me to want to use Cloth Diaper's. (I also hate trash and anyway I can reduce the amount of trash in this house will be great post baby). The new cloth diaper's arent the ones your grandma struggle with to pin closed. Velcro, Button and Snaps have replaced the old school pin and they are fitted with adjustable elastic around the legs.
My collection consists of Bum Genius 3.0 All In One - One Size Diapers, Happy Heiney's All in One's and Fuzzi Bunz New One Size Diaper's. I plan to only use One Size Diapers that adjust as the baby gets older and switch between pocket diapers with seperate inserts and All in One's. I have been shopping around for the best bargains and was even able to purchase some cloth diapers Buy 1 get 1 Free. I also was able to register for Cloth Diaper's at Target and Babies R' Us!

I plan to keep a stash of at least 25-30 diapers to rotate on a regular basis. We will be putting our new High Efficiency/Front Loading Washer and Dryer Sanitization system to great use!

I actually have two pairs of these cute Happy Heiney's cow print cloth diaper's!
Once Asher arrives I will also enroll in a cloth diaper trial program so that I can find out if there are any other brands that I really love and am interested in purchasing.
Here is my some of my diaper collection in my Sara Bear Basket that I bought at Marshalls for 75% less than what it sells for in boutique stores. This will go next to the changing pad!
I am all about saving money and helping our planet! Give cloth diaper's a try!
I'm proud of you! I thought about it after Hailey was born once I learned more about them, but she had way too many GI problems to be worth it...and with number two, it seemed like too big a chunk of money. My friends who use cloth all use FuzziBuns.
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the cloth. Save your pamper disposable diaper coupons for granny! Love, mom
ReplyDeletewe're going to do cloth too, but i'm just not going to be real strict about it. whatever disposables we get for free or near free, we will be using! we also may skip the newborn phase, unless he's born big enough to fit the one-sizers. i registered for the ones at babies r us too, they are cheap and had good reviews, so i'm excited about those.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! I've thought about it, but not long enough to make the commitment. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I've heard good things about them and lots of folks just love them!
ReplyDelete