It hit me. I am over the 1/2 way point in my pregnancy. It almost makes me sad because I LOVE being pregnant and feel like it's flying by way too quickly no matter how much I try to live in the moment. Wow, I am over the halfway hump....with just a little bump!
Here I am at 21 weeks...and I feel fantastic. I had a check up today and we heard Asher's heart beat pumping away. He was very active this morning and kept moving around so Dr. Morris kept losing his heartbeat! I have gained 7 lbs total to date and I am very happy with this number. I am sure the weight will start piling on in the coming weeks since it has been fairly slow up to this point! She cleared me to continute exercising and running 5 days a week, which makes this pregnant momma quite happy!

Asher has been quite busy these past few days. He likes to move a lot mid morning and/or at night before I fall asleep. He is kicking as I type, AMAZING! He has recently planted himself in some strange positions causing some discomfort that have only been relieved by exercising or running. I am convinced I am rocking him out of the uncomfortable positions (for me!) and into new cozy places till he falls sound asleep from the running/exercise motion.
The nursery is ALMOST done! All of the large furniture is assembled and positioned into place! Philip worked really hard to put everything together over the past week. We ordered an Elfa Closet system from the Container Store and it should arrive this week. We purchased a custom closet system at 50% off during their BIG SALE and we could not be more excited about it! Everything is adjustable and will be covered in a walnut finish to match the furniture in the room! We are slightly jealous that Asher's closet will be WAY more organized than ours. The shelves on the left will be used for basket's that you can see in photos sitting on the floor in the room.
Next week we will pick out the light fixture and hang some shelves we bought at Target on clearance. All of the big things are done, now its just accesorizing. IKEA is getting ready to open up here in Charlotte so we are holding off on bookshelves, side tables etc until then! The bedding won't be in for a few weeks since we had it made so in the mean time we get to stare at the beautiful mattress and springs :) I will also have drapes made once the bedding arrives to complete the room and help with the immense amount of light that the room gets at bedtime. I spent lots of time sitting in the glider with Bella this weekend soaking it all in... I am pregnant!? Wow.... This little growing man inside me still amazes me daily...my little carrot (that is how long he is now!)The softest glider and ottoman I laid my eyes on for a steal of a price!
Asher's Crib. That is Ox the Ugly Doll in the corner!
The dresser/changing table and some random stuff that needs to be put away!
Philip also put together our Pack n' Play which will remain downstairs as the diaper changing station and hang out area. I love this Pack n' Play because it matches our downstairs!
The Buggster Stroller and Bassinett arrived on Friday and Philip was so excited to put it together and zoom around the house. It will convert to a stroller once Asher is bigger. Confession: I put Bella in it :)
More updates to follow....
cute bump!! the nursery's looking great... you are way ahead of us. :)
ReplyDelete