Thursday, August 13, 2009

2 months came and went...

So today marks Asher's 10 week old birthday.
I am just now posting his 8 week update...PATHETIC!
His 2 month check up was over a week late because of scheduling...it's daddy's busy season at work.

Shots - Complete with no crazy reactions (I was allergic to pertusis back in the day), just a litte fussy and lethargic.

Photo right before his shots (love the bottom lip!)

Mommy you lied...you said it wouldnt hurt! 
(Nana and Softa came to hold his hands!)

Weight - 13 lbs, 14 oz.....pretty much 14 lbs (90th percentile)

Height - 22 1/2 inches (25th percentile)

Head Circumference 15 1/2 inches (it was wrong the first time we found out) - 50th percentile.

Although you can't tell in ANY photos his eyes are still dark blue on the outside with green and light brown on the inside...we are praying they stay hazel!

He was a chunky trooper.
This explains why he is wearing 6-9 months in most of his clothes. Some brands fit, most don't!
Gymboree is the only thing that he can wear to actual size/age.

We have received many family comments (out of love) that our child's clothes are too tight even without the cloth diaper's... oy vey! I will be running to Babies R Us for some more 6-9 month under shirts and kimono's for bed time to get us through this HOT and STICK weather. We have lots of 6-9 months cold weather clothes!

We have finally gotten his stomach/reflux issues under control with Axid x2 a day and no diary or salad for mommy (brutal!) The pediatrician was very impressed with his head and neck control at 2 months as well as several milestones he has surpassed at such an early age. He also was quite impressed that he has been sleeping through the night (as in 7-9 hours) since 6/7 weeks. We realize he spoils us with sleep! He just recently got up to 10 hours straight!

Nana was secretly hoping our baby was as bad as I was hahah....karma momma!

On a side note it is fitting to update you all on my progress at 2 months!
I should post a photo but this idea came to me at the last minute so I will save that for when my abs are back in tip top shape. hahahah!

Momma Update:
I lost all of my pregnancy weight by 3 weeks postpartum. My hips have finally shrunk back and I am back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. My next goal is to get into my preconception weight and clothes.  I put on almost 13 lbs trying to GET pregnant with all of my fertility issues.
I am 8 lbs away from that 2nd goal and am losing more and more each day thanks to work outs when I can get them in and breast feeding. It's definitely not from my diet seeing that I cant eat any diary or salad (which is what I usually eat to lose weight!) 

I return to work September 1st... and that is another blog in its entirety...

2 comments:

  1. Great report! Sounds like you're doing great :). Love to see those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the only time in his life where it's good news to be short and fat! :)

    ReplyDelete