I am hooked. I have several friends that clip coupons and bargain shop the grocery store each week and I figured it was time to at least give it a try. My thought process was that only junk food or things we didnt need were in the coupon section.
When I see that I have saved more than I spent in any given shopping trip I feel SUCCESS!

I have realized that I dont need the "grocery game" or any shopping "tell all" to succeed at this.
I clip coupons each Sunday and sometimes even clip things I don't "really need".
I match up sales at Harris Teeter and CVS with the coupons and end up getting things at 50% off or more. The goal is to stock up when things are super cheap or even FREE. Yup I get a lot of things for free during Triple Coupon weeks.
I didnt think I would like this whole coupon clipping, bargain shopping for food and house supply items, but it has proven to be rewarding and challenging over the past 4 weeks.
Just this past week I spent $44 and saved $63. The week before I spent $20 and saved $41.
Who does not think this is great!?
I still buy a few items each week that are must have's like Lactaid and Soy Milk. My dairy free diet has made this a lot more challenging, but we are still succeeding in saving LOTS of money!
How do you save money each week?
Good job Renee! I love coupons too! I do the Grocery Game and saved $120 this week! I just love it!
ReplyDelete