Today was a Big Day for Mommy....
and a Big Day for Asher.
The nanny took him in her car to her house TEN MILES AWAY.
Yeah I confess, I was freaked out over ten miles....but deep down I knew it would be just fine.
I am extremely comfortable with Debby (the nanny). Asher adores her.
I knew this day would come....and I was ready to face it head on.
I need to be comfortable with her taking him outside the house.
I want him to go to the library, song sessions, playdates, the park...
He needs to have interaction with other people & other babies.
She took him to her house for a playdate with her grandson Ethan who happens to be one week younger than Asher. Ethan and Asher couldnt be shaped more differently but side by side you really can't tell! Asher is squatty and heavy and Ethan is long and thin.
They had a great time together...
touching each other, rolling into each other and most of all smiling at each other.
Based on the photos they had an absolute blast. By the time she brought him home he was dead asleep in his carseat!
Playdates are the best, and yes, they do wear the kids out!!!! Good for you, Renee!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a big step to me. You go girl!
ReplyDelete