Monday, December 14, 2009

Back on the charts!


We are still trying to figure out where the past 6 months have gone!?
How has our little one who was once 6 lbs, grown to be a busting at the seams 20+ lb boy.
Yup, our child weighs as much as most 1-2 year olds.
Thanks to good ole fashioned breast milk.

With 6 months we celebrate many milestones....
6 months of continued growth - LOTS of GROWTH
6 months of breast feeding and still loving it
6 months of kisses, hugs, drool, laughs, spit up and getting peed on
5 months of sleeping through the night - golden child
5 months of rolling from stomach to back
4 months of babbling
3 months of pulling hair and pinching
2 months of sitting up
1 month of "standing"
6 months and our lives have been changed forever...


Asher's 6 month Stats make him a LARGE WELL ROUNDED BABY
This was the 2nd time they miss-measured his head circumference.
I made the Dr check it behind the nurse. She was 3 INCHES OFF!? She put him OFF the charts... when he really is the 60th percentile....


Weight 20 lbs - 90th percentile (finally back on the charts!)
Height 27 inches - 75th percentile
Head 17 1/2 inches - 50th percentile

I had a LIST of questions...Dr Matt was so patient and answered them all!

We are officially starting foods. Dr. Matt was quite impressed I waited so patiently til 6 months. I wasnt too eager to start because Im so attached to breastfeeding him and I know our feedings will slowly start to decresae. Selfish I confess. We will be making Asher's baby food and starting with Carrots this week, Squash next week. Attempting to feed him around 10a and 2p. We are going to skip cereal for now since he is quite large and sleeping through the night. He doesnt need a filler, but he does need to learn how to swallow a different texture than breast milk. Lots of photos of this mess to come later...but for now enjoy this clean cut cute photo...

We started putting Asher in the real bath. He loves it when we fill up the water half way up his body (on his back) as he is laying down in the tub. He kicks his feet like he is swimming, splashing the water everywhere. We are going to start using a different soap because his skin has been real dry from the Earth's Best Body wash (we bathe him every other day) and we will lube him up with Aquafor each day. They suggested bathing him every 3 days but I think that is gross!

I like to think Asher is a momma's boy BUT he LOVES to play hard with his daddy. Philip can make Asher laugh more than anyone else. He not only thinks Philip is funny he laughs at him constantly. Hearing his laugh makes you want to laugh out loud with him. It is the most wonderful feeling inside watching my two boys connect. He relies on mommy for comfort and cuddles and his daddy for play and silly time.

This video is kind of long but iMovie wont let me edit footage from my cell phone. Enjoy!


...and another short one...


Asher has discovered that his arms can do a lot of things. This video captures the true essence of his new found "wings". He loves to flap them and fling them all over the place. He also loves to start at his right foot while laying on his back. He points and flexes his toes and can stare at them for several minutes in awe. Being naked brings out all of the silly things in Asher. He talks and laughs ten times more when undressed....go figure!?


Lots of updates in the works...I am well overdue.

4 comments:

  1. Love my squishy Asher!! When Moses got such dry skin I did go three days w/o bathing but I did go over him with a warm wash cloth in "important places." I miss and love you tons! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. we also only bathe every three days, his hair can't go any longer than that without being gross. :) also, he's not a spitter upper so we don't have to battle that smell. but in between baths, you can just wash his hands and the diaper area.

    and i didn't even realize asher was sitting up. much less that he's been doing it for two months. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!!! We use Cerave to bathe Zeke because of his exzema (sp?). You can get it in the pharmacy section of Target (you may have to ask for it from the pharmacy).
    Also, Zeke was 19 lbs at 6 months and then slowed down after that. (at his 15 month he was in 50% at 24 lbs, so go figure) But he still has some sweet rolls that I love!!

    ReplyDelete