When I moved to Charlotte I went through major withdrawl.
My former employer brewed Starbucks Medium and Bold coffee daily - all day.
I had at least one cup a day.
Moved and no more daily coffee. The headaches hit me hard.
Caffeine withdrawl. I decided to stop trying caffineated coffee all together since I was trying to get pregnant and got used to either no coffee or decaf.
After Asher was born Philip and I would find ourselves migrating towards Starbux. They ran this promotion that sucked us right back in. $1.95 for a Grande Iced Coffee. We typically would spurge on the weekend.
At one of Asher's millions of doctors appointments last week I found out a very disturbing fact.
Starbux has THREE TIMES MORE CAFFEINE than ANY OTHER coffee that is distributed. It has THREE TIMES MORE CAFFEINE than REDBUL!! Starbux decalf has as much caffeine as a Dunkin Doughnuts regular coffee! I dont know what they pump into their coffee at Starbux but that is ridiculous. No wonder why so many people are addicted and cracked out on caffeine.

Needless to say I have been asked to stop drinking caffeine all together for Asher's sake.
More to follow at a later date when I actually have time to catch up on the last few weeks of life.
Thankfully I dont drink soda EVER so it wont be too large of a sacrifice.
Caffeine is the Devil....at least in Asher's case :)
This is making me really question Starbux.
If only a Dunkin D was in every Target, Harris Teeter or corner!?!
Wow! That is unbelievable. Praying for you as you adjust to this new sacrifice for Asher!!! Please do keep us posted on how he's doing!
ReplyDeleteHey Renee,
ReplyDeleteI was recently sent this website about the same issue
http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database