Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I thought it would be easier

I found that weaning makes me whiney & worrying more.
Oh my chest hurts.
Oh will he adjust to organic whole milk
Oh will he have issues with dairy like me
Oh is there enough pumped milk to transition
Oh my chest hurts...

I have almost weaned my day time pumping (mid morning and mid afternoon) completely. I am now only pumping to relieve pressure. Oh boy is there pressure. These babies are busting at the seams for most of the day. I have been eliminating two feedings over the course of two weeks. I have yet to handle a full weekend with Asher (we were out of town without him last weekend). I used to nurse exclusively on the weekend (no pump). This weekend makes me nervous. He has never taken a bottle from me before. He will want to nurse. Im his comfort. Oh boy.

Its amazing to me that something can be rock hard one minute and jello the next.
These poor babies.
In all fairness I think they are going to need some work one day.
Call me vain.

G-d bless the breasts.

5 comments:

  1. Please keep your blog PG rated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting two feedings in two weeks is tough. Go easy on yourself! Weaning shouldn't be so forced that it's painful. And if Asher needs to nurse once during the day each do this weekend, who cares? Just relax and let it happen as it does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Renee! Also, I wanted to let you know that we are re-starting our blog! (This is Leah's friend Molly, by the way!) It's www.tupelolove.blogspot.com. Hope you're well!!

    ReplyDelete