I am terribly behind. As in over a month behind...
So far behind I have dreaded blogging lately.
You will find that over the course of the next two weeks I will try, note I said TRY, to get caught up. Dont hold it against me though if I don't or if I do a half decent job.
You see, my life is finally getting back to normal, whatever that is.
A lot has happened in the past month and I have a feeling a lot more is about to happen.
We are riding the wave...Day by day!
We decided early on in 2010 that we could only attend weddings this year that we were in or that were local. There were so many weddings and only so much money.
One wedding was already blogged...here
The other two were out of town. Durham, North Carolina and Del Ray Beach, Florida.




































The other two were out of town. Durham, North Carolina and Del Ray Beach, Florida.
Philip was a groomsmen in both weddings. Corey and Darren (the grooms) were two of his very best friends growing up. They were both groomsmen in our wedding over 4 years ago.
The month of June has us out of town the most we had been away from Asher since he was born and we really felt OK about finally having "adult" time and going out of town without him. I was never nervous about his whereabouts, or his well being. He was with his grandparents and I couldnt think of anyone better for him to be with in our absence. He had a blast and they loved every minute of it. We also enjoyed spending time together focusing just on each other.
We also had a blast spending time with friends we have had for close to a lifetime. We felt blessed to be able to spend so much time with them this month while being a part of all of these simchas (celebrations).
The photos speak for themselves.
We also had a blast spending time with friends we have had for close to a lifetime. We felt blessed to be able to spend so much time with them this month while being a part of all of these simchas (celebrations).
The photos speak for themselves.
Erika and Corey got married in Durham. Their rehearsal dinner was in Raleigh.
I confess that before we went to the dinner we made a quick stop at Waraji to place a to go sushi order. Dont judge us. Waraji is by far our most favorite sushi restaurant. We always order at least one Shawny roll and Negamaki. This time was no different. It was just as amazing as we remember 3 years ago! Yumm.... I cant stop thinking about its deliciousness
Their rehearsal dinner was a BBQ. Erika's dad cooked the BBQ himself and it was very tasty!
Joe, Matty, Sam and Philip
We spent the night with our friends Dave & Nicole Friday night. It was great to catch up with them even if it was a short stay. Nicole and Dave live in the neighborhood of the rehearsal dinner location so it worked out perfectly. I retreated back to their house around 10:30 pm and Philip went out with his boys. They clearly thought they were reliving their old school days because he did not come "home" till after 2 am.
Saturday we met up with Courtney and Jacob for lunch at one of our favorite Raleigh spots Zest Cafe & Home Art. Courtney and I grew up eating and spending time at Zest so this was a wonderful treat for us all. As you might recall Jacob was born 10 weeks premature and I wrote about it here. Jacob is doing phenomenally well. He is such a doll and I couldnt stop loving on him. I definitely miss the itty bitty baby phase.
After lunch we checked into the hotel and I got ready to head off one of my girlfriends from college, Sarah Shelton's, Bridal Shower. It was a treat since I had not seen most of the girls since before I had Asher... yup...over a year!?!?! I was only there a short time before I checked my cell phone to realized I had 19 missed calls. Clearly that caused immediate concern.
The calls were a panicked Philip. He had left his tie for the weddings in my car. I was 45 minutes away from where he was. He needed it for bridal party photos. So I said my goodbyes and headed to the wedding site to bring him his tie. Mission Accomplished.
The wedding ceremony and reception were held at the Durham Life & Sciences Museum, Butterfly Conservatory. It was HOT, humid and buggy....which explains why we all look the way we do in these photos!
Wedding Cake
Pre-Ceremony photos inside the Butterfly Conservatory
The groomsmens wives
There was more firefly to drink than I have ever seen in my life!
Some of the bridal party
Erika the Bride
Two weeks later we headed to Miami, FL for Darren & Allison's wedding weekend.
It was our first trip flying together without Asher. We tried to make it feel like a "vacation getaway" and as you can see it sure wasn't hard with the beach surrounding us at the Rehearsal Dinner.

My camera battery died after the above photo was taken. I realized earlier in the day when Amanda sent me a photo of Asher sitting in his high chair covered in strawberries that I had left my camera battery charger plugged into the wall above the cabinets. I also realized that I left my memory card earlier in the day. Note to self: Make lists before traveling and double and triple check them.
We ended up driving all over Fort Lauderdale, Del Ray Beach area to find a place that carried Canon Rebel battery chargers. It was worth the wild goose chase...Renee without a camera is bad news.
Saturday we spent the morning at the beach. What a treat...!

While we were there we witnessed "Hands for Hope"
They were making a statement to protect the beaches from the oil spill.

While Philip was off with the guys watching the World Cup and getting ready for the wedding I was back at the hotel taking a 2 hour nap. It felt AMAZING. I can't tell you the last time I had 4 hours to myself in the middle of the day on a weekend.
The wedding venue was amazing. It reminded us of a tropical resort on an island.


Amazing right?

It's a good thing you couldnt see the knats that were swarming the site. There was an insane amount of knats and it was impossible not to swat at them as they crawled all over your face, head, legs... not too mention it was blazing hot and humid.

Absolutely adorable touch

Sister and nephew of the groom.

The Levine Family
(Ben and Lisa got married one year ago to the date of the photo!)

Gorgeous wedding cake

The mother of the groom handmade challah bread for each table

The newlyweds!

The kids cutting up!


Darren's grandfather is 99!
He is still driving and looks like he is in his 70's.

Clearly some alcohol was consumed that night

D is married!

The photobooth


The DJ rocked the party.

This photo sums up the entire weekend.

What a wonderful and busy month of weddings. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends with lovely spouses. Mazal Tov to Pam, Jason, Corey, Erika, Darren and Allison! We were thrilled to celebrate with all of your during this exciting time in your lives.


As much as I love getting away its always even better to come back home!
No comments:
Post a Comment