Wednesday, June 9, 2010

O-N-E!

(homemade candy birthday wreath!)

Today our sweet sweet little big boy is ONE!
Asher has decided that he wants to be a toddler this week. He is over being a baby.

He is crawling, pulling up on everything to a stand including furniture, his crib, the stairs.
He even crawled up two stairs on his own!
He is cruising along furniture without hesitation.
In one week he has become a completely different child

One is fun...and always on the run!

Mommy-made hat and shirt!


We are so proud of his development and growth!

I would like to highlight some of the exceptional qualities Asher exemplifies:
HE IS AN AMAZING SLEEPER. I officially made it to one year and feel comfortable saying this without jinixing myself. From 6 weeks on he slept through the night. Over the course of the entire year he only woke up ONE TIME in the middle of the night. It was his first cold (and frankly it wasnt even a bad one but it was new to him and I think it scared him that he had trouble breathing easily).
Asher has an amazingly chill tempermanent. He is rarely upset by anything, rarely cries, rarely whines, and loves to people watch in public places. He is completed often on his great beavhior.
He has learned to smile for the camera and scrunches his nose up when he smiles. It melts my heart.
Asher eats just about anything. We feed him what we eat in much much smaller portions and pieces. Unless he is teething he will eat anything. Fish, Beef, Chicken, Vegetables (he loves broccoli and asparagus) dairy. He still is not 100% on watery textures like yogurt or applesauce or anything that resembles baby food (which he despised).
Asher LOVES to open and close anything: books, doors, drawers, toys

Now on to the good stuff...
cake, party and more cake

We had a small family celebration the night of his birthday.
Gigi (Asher' great grandma) is in town for his birthday and Amanda also stayed for dinner.
Softa had Tizz Benson from Tizzert's make him a smash cake to match the "adult cake".
The adult cake had a lion, alligator and elephant on it. His cake had a blue elephant.
Note to self: blue icing stains!
Asher decided to take matters into his own hands...or face? He bent over and stuck his face into the cake to get a larger surface area into his mouth. Pretty smart, huh!?


We encourage making a mess for first birthdays!


Enjoy the video of Asher the Cake Smasher

All cleaned up .... and ready for bed!'
That cake eating is a lot of work and being one isnt a piece of cake!

Sneak Peak for the Birthday Party this weekend...
Amanda and I have been crafting away for almost 2 months now and we can't wait to share!



Thursday is Asher's 1 year check up!
I predict he will weigh 25 lbs (I think he lost some weight) and 32 inches tall...
ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Asher! Can't wait to see the pictures from the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many things to comment on! I love the cake and his after distruction picture is awesome! I love your craftiness and am kinda wanting to be you when I grow up. Can't wait to see the party pictures and hear his stats!

    ReplyDelete