Monday, July 19, 2010

2010 Mid-Year Update

Back in January I mentioned that 2010 was going to be a year of change for us. 
You can refresh your memory here


I can finally say that things are changing....at least in our house!

Change #1
After 3 years we FINALLY refinanced our house. We have tried to refinance 3 times prior to successfully closing on our loan this month. Each time something happened that resulted in an unsuccessful refinance. We were beginning to think we were cursed. Typically the broker screwed something up causing things fell through...or the loan programs changed mid-refi.

Needless to say we DID IT. We can not be more excited! A lower payment and a better loan program makes for a happy home.  Don't ask me how much less our house appraised for than what we bought it for. I might hurl or have a heart attack.

Change #2
I have accepted a new job! After working at home in a telesales/recruiting role for 3 years it was time for me to move into a new role that was fully salaried and a lot less stress. After working in a heavily commissioned sales job for the past 7 years I was completely burnt out. I knew this meant taking a pay cut. I also knew that money didn't bring me any happiness. Through this process I felt truly blessed. Philip and my family supported me 100%. I was fortunate enough to receive TWO job offers the same day. Two completely different jobs. One job was working from home for a small company, one was from an office 3 miles away from our house, large company with a lot of flexibility. After weighing the pros and cons I confidently made my decision. Big Company, office job, flex time, Amazing benefits (they pay 100% for not only me but my ENTIRE FAMILY), salaried and an awesome position. Sign me up! I begin on August 2nd and I could not be more excited....although this will require me to wear more presentable clothes to work (it is a pretty casual work environment) which is going to force me to purchase some things since my size has changed so much since the last time I worked in an office 3 years ago. I will be working for an environmental research organization in the educational services division focusing on geographical information systems training for government accounts ...fancy huh? So pumped. I mean yeah, really excited. I can finally say I already LOVE my new boss.

Change #3
Philip got a Hybrid Bike. My stress was rubbing off on Philip. He needed some kind of physical release and a bike was his Father's Day request. He has been enjoying rides to the grocery store, target and to a nearby lake to go fishing. Next up is the greenway! He is really excited about his bike and getting in some cardio exercise.

Change #4
Philip's car is paid off as I mentioned last month.

Change #5
The blog name and address will be changing in the coming weeks.

If you are interested in following at the new address please email me: reneenay at aol.com or leave a comment by clicking below and I will reach out to you with the new address. I hate to do this but I really feel it is necessary for the long run.

Change #6
Dont get greedy...more to come!

9 comments:

  1. You better let me know where you "move." Love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to follow the new blog! And congrats on everything- what a great feeling and only halfway through the year! - Lindsey T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to follow you at your new address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like lots of good changes! are you going private or just changing the address? i'd love to keep following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely gonna want that address :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to continue reading your blog, if you don't mind. I found your blog from Stella Barker, I am Brett's cousin, and I love your blog. Please send me an email, ebhaley (at) gmail (dot) com or you can visit our blog at baby-haley (dot) com and leave me a comment. Thanks, Emily Barker Haley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please send the new address to me too!

    PS. Congratulations on your new job! I pray that it will be wonderful (and so much less stressful) for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to need that address tooo!!!

    ReplyDelete