Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Year's belated

Happpppy New Year - 3 weeks later.
Yeah Im way behind, but better late than never.
New Years Eve was great fun.
As usual we did a family dinner. This year we went to Brio a French Restuarant and it was delicious. I actually ate a salad with salmon and Philip had steak. Asher was a wild man. Thank goodness it was all family and they helped entertain him.
We were able to get this semi cute photo....

My handsome boy dressed to impress for New Year's Eve dinner


The best photo ever of Nana and Poppy with Asher.
Asher was extremely rambunctious at dinner so we didn;t last very and they were the only ones to get a photo with him.

After dinner we went home and had the McGinnis family over for some family oriented fun. Popcorn, glow sticks, oreo balls and cake balls were the hit of the night. Asher ate at least 3 cups full of popcorn...Ella did some damage too. Good thing he ate something, since he ate ZERO dinner at the restaurant.


Oreo Balls.
One package of oreo's, one block of fat free (or low fat) cream cheese at room temp. Massage them together and voila...dipped in chocolate and decorated with free candy pearls.
They are heaven in your mouth. OMG.

Naomi's specialty champagne.
Frozen raspberries, Cherry 7 up and Champagne
Yum!


Popcorn cake pops!
I stole this idea out of Bakerella's Cake Pop book when I was browsing at Target one day. I invested in a few edible markers and voila. Free cake, free icing (thanks to coupons for both) and discounted chocolate. Cheap and easy treats for everyone.

Our attempt at a family photo. This is what 90% of them look like. I usually only share that 10%. Figured what better time than the new year to reveal our true colors.


Ella playing some tunes
Asher was doing the chicken dance to Ella's music.

and more popcorn...

Showing off his skills for his lady

They devoured their cake pops!

Licking the stick clean!
I cant tell if he is trying to get away from me or laughing!?

Around 10 pm. Yup they last that long! We could tell their energy level was dying so we decided to get them into their jammies. Suited up in his jammies, bouncing on the bed!

Of course toddles always get a second wind.
New Years Eve Party!!

the babes trying to escape...way past their bed time!

Happy New Year!



3 comments:

  1. What a fun new year! I do think that picture of Asher with your parents is awesome!!! And I am a fan of those oreo balls too! So yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute. and i love the one of him in his wagon...he really does look like he's showing off. so cute!!

    ReplyDelete