It's amazing that it has been 5 years since I graduated from good ole
Meredith College. This weekend was our 5 year Reunion. We made sure

to celebrate in style and stayed on campus in the dorms. I dont know how I lived in those dorms for 2 years....2 nights was bad enough! We all had such a great time reiminiscing, staying up late and catching up on the latest in life. Career paths, marriages and babies all were the hot

topics amongst all 60+ alumane that attended the weekend. It's amazing where life takes us in only 5 years! It was great seeing so many old faces. It felt like just yesterday that we were all together at MC.
Meredith's campus is more beautiful than I ever remember. The grounds were gorgeous. Either I didn't appreciate the landscaping before or they did a lot of improvements since I was there. After years away I am proud to say that I am a Meredith College alumnae.

Sunday I flew out to Montgomery, Alabama for my cousin Paige's high school graduation from
St. James School. Paige is the youngest cousin on my mother-in-law's side of the family and she couldn't be more precious. I truly adore her and we had a great time

celebrating with all of the family. We got to spend time with the cousins (Emily had to leave early to get back to lil-big Jacob in Atlanta and I missed seeing her & Carol sadly couldnt make it) Thank you Aunt Janice and Uncle Craig, Paige and Missy for having us at your house! Of course we ate way too much food, but we did get in a few game's of tennis. Philip and I are thinking about picking up playing double' s tennis as a new hobby (although I have a lot to learn, I do enjoy it.) He won every game we played but we had a great time. We were grateful for all of the wonderful weather during our trip. Mazel Tov to Paige. We are very excited that she will be going to the University of South Carolina next year which is only 1 hour away from us!
Now its back to the grind...No more PTO...no more time off...but a short week!
On an exciting note: My parents rented out their house and are MOVING into a smaller place in the next few weeks! This is very exciting! Even more so exiting is that they rented a home in our neighborhood! Call us crazy but we are very excited that they will only be 4 streets away. We are so lucky to have both of our parents less than 1 mile from us. My mom keeps asking us, "are you sure its ok...?". We are starting to wonder what they are going to do... hhahaha, of course it is ok.
I feel so lucky to have parents that we are so close with. We moved to Charlotte to be close to both of our families and we couldn't be more happy that they are only a hop skip and a jump away from us!
No comments:
Post a Comment