Thursday, May 8, 2008

Vent

I had a knock on my door this morning around 10 AM. I dont answer the door unless I am expecting someone so I ignored it. My next door neighbor called me... "renee... I think you need to come outside, there are some issues in your yard with your NEW landscaping". Philip and I just put a good deal of landscaping in our backyard to create some barriers around our yard and to create privacy...and because we just plain love landscaping.

We come to find out that the builder told us our property line was xyz...."Your property goes to the silt fence". Guess what... it doesn't... at all. Homeowner's even approved our landscaping....

Turns our the people behind us are fencing (which is fine) and they also were told your property goes to the silt fence. The fence company came out today to install the fence and guess what....WE LANDSCAPED on their property. YUP.... One red maple and one large pussy willow and 3/4 of the bed we created are all going to be cut off by their lovely white fence.

Although this is not honestly the end of the world it makes me sad. We put so much hard work, energy and money into this landscaping and now we are going to have to spend more hard work time and money in this landscaping. Our neighbors are fine with leaving the bed, bushes and trees...so the bed will stay, they will just fence right through it... Sad....

The fence posts are the *NEW* property line.... We will pull up the pussy willow and move it in front of the maple tree.

***UPDATE - we bought 8 shrubs yesterday late afternoon and our landscaper came out to take a look. He will be back tomorrow to rip up the pussy willow and begiin extending the bed on our property and planting the shrubs we bought. We bought 4 Butterfly Bushes, 2 Tea Olive Tree's and 2 Luestruem's (I can't remember what the names are for these ones but they grow big and pretty quick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment