Monday, August 4, 2008

Bringing back the past...

Before I began my blogging days....
I made one blog post on my mypspace page that I really want to bring back and re-post.

I am sure this is a big No-No in the blogging world but many of you didn't get to enjoy the blog and we have a reason to celebrate this blog....

So first enjoy the blog, supposedly many people found it funny. If you already read the Christmas blog from last year please scroll down.

Dear Neighbor Part 1 - Written November 17, 2007

I love holiday lights...especially the candles in the windows....Elegant tasteful lights are my favorite...BUT Your blow up/light up atrocity's that showed up last night amongst the many others in this neighborhood are HIDEOUS. I can't stand them. Even If I celebrated Christmas I WOULD NEVER HAVE ONE or TWO or THREE or SIX ON MY LAWN. They are everywhere here. What are you people thinking? Did you really think that all of my Hanukkah house guests and friends and family would want to stare at your santa popping out of a pot for the next 60 days!? You put it in your backyard!? Who does that? Are you intentionally trying to sabotage my Hanukkah? Are you trying to out-do my Hanukkah flag and menorah!? Oh, you just wait!"My neighbors whose backyard backs up to the side of my house... PUT ONE IN THE BACKYARD!? WTH!? Everytime you walk up to my house to see this blow up MOVING thing."There has to be something in my homeowner's manual that says no ridiculous blowup ANIMATED Santa's in your BACKYARD...I am about to bust out some Hanukkah flags....bah HUMBUG. HAPPY HANUKKAH!
Love your Jewish neighbor, Renee'

Dear Neighbor Part 2 (It get's better and I have footage) - November 21, 2007

Dear Neighbor's....Oh yes... more have joined in on the quest to adorn our lovely street with the MOST TACKY Christmas lawn set up....I am telling you I have had it.The 2 blow ups on ONE YARD have now almost tripled to 5 blow ups on ONE FRONT YARD....plus lights everywhere that flash to the beat of the blaring music coming out of your house has taken this WAY OVER THE TOP.Your music is way too loud....so loud I can hear it in my house. No offense but I dont want to hear your Christmas music while I am lighting my menorah for 8 days.... nor do I want to hear it for the next 38 days till you are forced to take it all down.Your lights are so bright and you leave them on ALL NIGHT LONG...I'd hate to see your electric bill this month. I can only imagine what your house looks like on the inside. Ps. You know your neighbors are all talking about how hideous your set up is right? Even the ones that celebrate Christmas are talking....For your viewing pleasure photos of the set up on the .25 acre lot and a video of the lights flashing to the beat of the music. Mind you this was taken from my driveway. Home Owners Association here I come....GOD HELP ME!
Dear Neighbor Part 2


UPDATE....
The neighbors referenced above with the 5 blow ups on their front lawn have put their house up for sale. Just in time. Christmas 2008 saved by the For Sale Sign. Now the story for WHY they are moving isnt so peachy, but I can't tell you how thrilled many of our neighbors are that they will be returning to NY (as well as us).

These neighbors are drama. The kind you don't want in your neighborhood. Both suposedly on disability. House paid for by one of their parents (no mortgage). They have 4 kids. One dropped out of high school and they kicked him out and he went back to NY to the grandparents that bought the house. They put a retaining wall up in their backyard by themselves, fenced their yard and put in a 60k swimming pool and patio that spans the back of their entire house. Note we have a pool in our neighborhood and they are THE only house with an inground pool in the entire 2000+ home neighborhood. They attempted to file a class action lawsuit against our builder. Their home is built on a slab that didnt pass inspection and there their entire foundation cracked.... as in it looks like an earthquake hit their slab. Not the normal settling cracks. How do we know this? Because the wife came and personally knocked on each of our doors to come take a look. Supposedly the builder paid them 60k and fixed it to code to avoid a lawsuit. How much of this is true.... is beyond me. Every week we hear new snippets from neighbors. I personally try to avoid these people like the plague. After the foundation disaster the husband supposedly had a heart attack because of all of the stress which they later discovered was Muscular Dystrophy. This summer they left for 3 weeks to go back to NY. They returned last week and the rumor was that they were moving back NY. Up went the sign last night and off they will go. I am sure they will list the house at some ridiculous price since they got the 60k and its paid for just to get out of it. Who will buy that house anyone. The builder wanted to knock it down!

I am sad that I won't be able to blog about the ridiculous Christmas decorations this year, but I think our neighborhood will be a better place as a result of this.

Good ridance....and good luck.
Who the heck is going to buy that house!?!?!?!


1 comment:

  1. So angry, I love it! Flamboyant xmas decorations=ultra annoying. High-drama neighbors=pain in the butt. I'm glad you re-posted.

    ReplyDelete