Aunt Janet and Cousin Brittan were in town for the week.
Although we had to work much of the week we were able to sneak away in the evenings to spend time with them. They stayed busy throughout the week swimming at the JCC and going to the Lazy Ranch in Mooresville.
Brittan has been begging to get her ears pierced for over a year.
She was convinced that it was a must have before middle school (which she will begin in 2 weeks!). Brittan is 10. She is a tall 10 year old! Brittan is an only child so this was a special opportunity for her to go get her ears pierced with a big sister figure (ME!).
Janet and Jim (Aunt and Uncle) finally gave her the seal of approval after much begging on Brittan's part.... so off we went.
Brittan was so excited about getting her ears pierced until the fear and panic set in about 2 hours prior to the appointment. You could see her heart racing, her eyes filled with panic. Will it hurt? Can they do both ears? What earrings should I get? I'm getting my ears pierced... AHHHH!!!!
I drove her to Merle Norman (much preferred over Clarie's) to get them pierced. She used my colored drink cup ice cubes to numb her ears the entire car ride to the store. More panic...as I tortured her like any 'sister' would do telling her that it was going to be so painful and that they might accidentally pierce her nose or her eyebrow. You would've died to see her face.
She selected some pretty amethyst stones (her birthstone) set in 24k gold and away the sweet lady piercer went. The lady that pierced her ears could not have been more of a gem. She explained every little detail to Brittan, was articulate and did a fantastic job. Brittan didn't even flinch and only experienced a tiny bit of post pierce burn.
Her new ears look fantastic and she is all ready for middle school. She will return home to Tennessee today with newly pierced ears and friends in awe. SHE FINALLY GOT IT DONE!
Ps. Its supposedly really cool to have your ears pierced in middle school. Without them you cant be cool. Wow... I am really learning. Cool was so over rated back then. I could've cared less about being cool in middle or high school. I hated cliques. I had lots of friends in lots of different groups. Times have definitely changed and peer pressure and image is way too important to kids these days.
Aww. How cute! :)
ReplyDelete