Friday, July 11, 2008

Good Ole' Days

Last night was mother - daughter night.
One of the many reasons why I love living in the same city as my parents.

Even though we live 3/10 of a mile from each other we don't see them as often as you would think....so we planned to work out and go to dinner together.

My mom is cute. She did 10 minutes on the bike, 10 on the treadmill and 10 on the elliptical. It was her first day back to the gym in quite some time and she made me proud. I went early so i could get in an extra 30 minutes to complete my 1 hour of cardio. We love working out side by side so that we can catch up on what is going on for more than two minutes like we do when we talk on the phone. Our phone calls always seem so quick. Hi, What's going on? Ok Bye. We talk on the phone a lot. I mean...not normal a lot. Like oh, maybe 3+ times a day. Call me crazy...my sister does. My sister could go days without calling. I am obviously quite different. When on vacation I go through withdrawal and think of all of these times I wish I could call my mom to tell her something.

We went to eat dinner at this place called Good Ole' Days. Pretty suiting. Spending time with my mom reminds me of my childhood so much....those were the Good Ole' Days.

As I digress I must tell you about this woman or whatever she wants to call herself that sat behind us in the booth at the restaurant. She walked in with two kids. This isn't relevant but I need to paint the picture. She is white (possibly somewhat albino), the children are definitely mixed but pretty dark skinned. They looked to be about 18-24 months and 4 or 5 (two kids). She walked in on her cell phone. Put the kids in the booth and continued talking on her cell phone. The kids were good for the first 20 minutes...YUP 20 minutes. THAT MOTHER had the audacity to sit there at a restaurant with her kids on her cell for 20 minutes and IGNORE THEM. My mom and I were so pissed. I know it was none of our business but this really bothered us. The waitress came over to take her order three times....none of which she gave an order. Then while on the phone one of the kids told her he wanted pancakes and she snapped, "They don't make pancakes here, sit down and be quiet!" HELLO... obviously you didn't look at the menu. They have the biggest menu in town lady to include all breakfast food. Get off your freaking cell phone and pay attention to your children! Let's note the conversation she was having went something like this, " I dont know but I call that weak, if she ain't gonna step up to me and tell me like it is....I ain't playin games girl. You know... shooooot!"

My mom was so tempted to say something as we exited the restaurant but we kept to ourselves. As we walked out we saw a sign. Kids eat FREE Thursday nights.

Everything made sense.

God Bless America....
I love my mother...she raised me just right. Thanks mom for a fun night together catching up.

1 comment:

  1. I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute a story. Please visit my blog for information about being interviewed for “Mom's Little Angel.”

    Gregory E. Lang
    Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.

    ReplyDelete