Monday, July 28, 2008

Jam Packed...

The past five days have been JAM PACKED. Thursday night Philip and I headed to Raleigh. We arrived just in time for a cook out with Courtney and Josh. Courtney and Josh were so kind to let us stay with them during our trip to Raleigh and we love them lots of welcoming us into their gorgeous home. Josh made some of the largest hamburger's ever but they sure were tasty. Courtney and I watched So You Think You Can Dance and I got royally pissed at the show. How could they possibly have voted Will off before Mark? I am still mourning this loss. Why I get so obssessed with TV I am not sure, particularly this reality competition shows. I am still grossed out my the Bachelorette, DeAnna Pappas choice in Jesse the snow boarder. ::Stepping down off my soapbox.::

Thursday night was rough. I slept a total of 3 hours and was up and at it at 6 AM for work. I like my job but I dread going into the office to work. Let me list for you why. Our office is completely open. We are on the telephone ALL day so everyone can hear every conversation you have. We dont have cubicles we just have desks. Everyone is watching me all 8 hours. I get anxiety in the office. I come home totally exhausted after working in the office. While working at home I can get up and down as I please and take breaks when I need them. I can burp, fart, sneeze, pee, drink, eat whenever I want when I am at home. In the office everything changes. Luckily this office trip had an agenda and even a scheduled meeting that broke up the morning. The day flew by fairly quickly and my boss fixed my computer so I left a happy camper. They are also letting me design the slick/flier that we are taking with us to our upcoming conference in Atlanta so I was pretty pleased with my visit.

Friday night we had a "date" night planned in Raleigh with Courtney, Josh, Lisa and Wes. We went to dinner at 518 West and then to the IMAX to see THE DARK KNIGHT. I had not been to the IMAX in several years and I was truly impressed. THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE, from Warner Bros. Pictures, featured four sequences filmed with IMAX cameras. This marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats. It was amazing. If you have not seen the film and can afford the extra few dollars to go to IMAX it is WORTH IT! We made it home by 2 AM and crashed after a long day!
The gang outside 518 West for Dinner
Outside the IMAX at Marbles Museum

On Saturday morning I went to visit Cassidy, Andrew, Hailey and Keelyn,..aka The Plunkett's. I had not met Keelyn since she was born. The last time I saw Cassidy she was only a few weeks away from her due date and she was about to pop. Needless to say she looks fantastic and Keelyn just celebrated her 5 month birthday! We had a great time together enjoying Panera bagels and play time. Hailey has learned to say my name amongst many other words and talks up a storm in a very cute high pitched voice! Keelyn has just learned to sit up and I am sure her juicy thighs help a lot with that. I wanted to eat them up they were so cute. As always the visit was too short however it was time for me to meet back up with Philip.
Lots of Photos of Cassidy, Hailey and Keelyn!
Keelyn loved some Renee!
Look mom! I am sitting up!

Another reason we came to Raleigh was because Philip had an Autralian Rules Football game on Saturday afternoon. He plays for the NC Tigers and the Philadelphia team traveled to Raleigh to play them. Philip loves his FOOTY (nick name for Autralian Rules Football) and he misses it so much that he and a few buddies have started their own practices here in Charlotte on Wedensday nights to keep up their skills. Philip's mother and I are not the biggest fans since it is SO dangerous! His team sadly lost, but it was great to see everyone and catch up with the team. Philip has been playing FOOTY for 7 years! As you will notice in the photos he gets VERY into the game. So fierce that husband of mine! After the game we headed back to Charlotte.

The team gathering for a meeting during 1/2 time. Check out the short shorts!

My handsome husband working it on the field!

I was so exahusted I fell asleep at 8:45p on Saturday night. We are hard core in the Schreibman house, for sure! 12 hours later we woke up, it was Sunday and we headed to the gym and the pool for a nice sunny day. Philip met up with Pam, Mitch and Jason to play tennis. He has been playing tennis on Sunday's when we were home and he seems to really enjoy the sport. He is already asking to buy a raquet and some tennis gear so I am sure this will be a new hobby in no time! Sarah met me at the gym and it was her first day back since her appendix surgery! Yippe! Many friends came out to the pool to enjoy the gorgeous weather and sunbathe with us. I got a little too crispy.. ek!?

Sunday night was ladies Mahjong! We met up at Jill's house and had a blast as always. Irene has joined our group, mainly because we just love her to death and she know how to play already! We all caught up on the latest and the greatest, lived vicariously through Sarah's "men stories" and enjoyed some wine. Our weekend was perfectly complete...minus the fact that our house is a disaster and we have tons of Laundry!

The mahjong Ladies (l to r: Irene, Jill, Me and Sarah)

Irene made yummy and cute cupcakes!

Aunt Janet and Cousin Brittan are in town til Thursday from Tennessee. Friday we are off to the family reunion in Fontana Village, NC (mountains!)

4 comments:

  1. how funny is it that Hailey looks like you in that photo? hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos! so great to see you, miss you already. c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes were sooooo good... thanks for putting up with my rants and neverending stories... have I told you lately how much I adore you? :)

    Mahjong was way too much fun - one of these days, we are actually going to know what we are doing... and one of these days I am not going to blow my whole diet on Mahj night... we need to work on that, lol :)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend you had! So glad that you got to spend some time with the Plunkett's!

    ReplyDelete