Yesterday was a pretty eventful day. It will be hard to forget some of the milestones of 1/20/09 as the years pass because of the tangibility and reality of what transpired . . . There is something to be said about being able to experience change and say, “I am changed because of ___ (you fill in your own blanks)” and I hope that the few times I know I can say that out loud about myself will be because of a momentous event or incredible occasion or by a miracle. Yesterday, I experienced something that truly falls into the category of miracle. Sometimes in life it is hard to pinpoint moments when you realize- in the moment- what is happening to you and how different you will be this same time tomorrow. Usually it takes a day or two for even the most surreal experiences to sink in; graduation from college, marriage, death, etc. Life happens so fast that you have to try real hard sometimes to slow down its progression or not to let it pass you by. So many have come and gone before your time here on earth that many times it is hard to find perspective in life for you or your family or in the world that you are a part of. And sometimes looking back over the years, some things aren’t as special as you once thought they were. Some things are more special and had you realized it at the time, way back when, when it was happening, you could have done so much more to appreciate it. That’s called regret and many people try never to experience that for one reason or another. The sooner one realizes that each minute, each hour, each encounter, each act is meaningful in life, the sooner people will fulfill the innate G-d given talent and potential in their lives and the sooner our economy rebounds- I mean, the sooner we heal the world. I’m positive it won’t happen in a single day. But when something happens to a person like what happened yesterday in my life, the world heals a little faster even if just for a few minutes.
I can say this because yesterday the first part of a dream came true, an idea became real, thoughts and emotions formed action and being. No more ‘what about’ and ‘I think’ . . . it is now ‘here is’ and ‘how are you?’ Yesterday, I experienced something that truly falls into the category of miracle. After all, it isn’t every day that, for the first time, a father feels the movements of his unborn son in his mothers belly. I think I know what it means. And it snowed!!
I love you. What a great surrpise to see you blogged today. I love you way with words...Our son will only be so lucky to be just like you!
ReplyDeletewanna make out?
ReplyDeleteseriously guys...get a private blog.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. Philip, you are going to be a great dad. You already are a wonderful husband and a fantastic son-in-law.
ReplyDeleteLove, momma Bass