What did you think I was going to say?
2008 was a terrific year. It passed swiftly and with many good times, memories and pictures which you can happily re-live by simply reading earlier posts on this blog. Because believe me, this blog covers just about everything. 2008 in fact, as a married couple was the first year that didn't involve any of the following major life cycle events: changing jobs, moving to a new city, building a house or a wedding. Pretty low-key you may think. Not so fast- there was one minor milestone: baby conception. But of course, who am I talking to? You likely already know all about this from hows it's done to the paint colors on the inside of the nursery closet.
And while I love discussing all that great stuff, my planning for the baby consists of three things. Let him grow tall, taller than his father ever knew. Let him be swift, more swift than I could ever be. And he should graduate from college. Do these things son, and you will make your father very proud.
Actually, there's a forth which Renee and I will be able to finesse a little more than the few things I just mentioned. Live a happy, hearty and good Jewish life. I'd like that.
You may have picked up on that we are expecting a baby boy. I couldn't be more thrilled and that's true regardless of if it would have been a girl or boy. I know my folks are happy and proud and Renee's folks are happy and proud. We will be bringing this child into a loving home, family and community. This will be such a lucky child. Sure I'm ready to be a daddy but I really don't know what that means per-say. Because the best dad in the world can't make his child fast or tall. And I'll have to pick up all the other skills on the job. So yea I'm ready, bring the ruckus!
That pretty much sums up 2008. We've got greats friends here in Charlotte and beyond but you all know that we think. I'm happy at work. I would be a gym rat exercising and playing basketball all the time if it weren't for classes at CPCC and teaching Hebrew High school. And now baby planning too- but I really dig picking out paint swatches and researching diaper bags.
I will see you again the next time I feel I have done something or know something important enough to give to the whole wide world. ;) Till then, I'll have my ear to my wife's belly whispering sweet nothings about playing Aussie football. . . . . . .
Thanks for tuning in.
War digging through endless online pages of children's books for the registry to find every book you remember loving when you were a kid. I do that.
War installing a nicer closet system in the nursery than the master bedroom.
War Automoblox (check it out)
please forget you saw the picture down below. I know I'm not so photogenic but sheesh- kick me while I'm down why not. .
ReplyDeleteYo sup! I am commenting! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo incredibly cute! Dave would probably rather have a root canal then write a blog entry! LOL
ReplyDelete