Sunday, February 8, 2009

too much, too little time...

Business Trips are not common for me however now that I am pregnant I of course have two.
Just this year my company is encouraging and supporting us to go out and visit clients "within reason". I agreed to finally booking a trip as long as it was before March 30th.

My first trip was to DC. Pretty ideal seeing that my sister and best friend both live in DC and I have over 10 clients in DC. The trip was jam packed. Probably too packed for my pregnant taste but my colleague wanted to make the most of the money spent. I guess I can't blame them...although I would've preferred this many months ago and not 23 weeks pregnant.

I left Monday afternoon, got into to BWI where I had to shuttle over to the Rental Car Deck to get my Alamo rental. Greeted by this gentleman that was obviously hitting on me - large and pregnant - pretty amusing. After several minutes he proceeds with "Where is your husband?" he asked. "I am on a business trip" I replied. "You should've brought him..." he said. Seriously? Anyway he hooked me up with leather seats with seat warmer's and XM radio. I was set to go with my portable GPS in hand in a city that I knew little to nothing about. Off I drove on my way to Tyson's Corner, in the dark, in the rain, praying my trusty navigation was going to get me to the right place, alive. I made 75 minutes later. Exhausted. I stopped to get some sushi and it was nasty so I went through the Taco Bell drive through and ordered a Chalupha. If you know me well you know I DONT EAT Taco Bell and this confirmed for me every reason why.

My hotel was gorgeous. Tysons Corner Hilton. The lobby smelled like a spa. I slept well. I awoke at 5:45 AM to this..... yup SNOW! Picked up the co-worker and off we went. All of the meetings went well but it took me awhile to get in a groove. I cant tell you how long it had been since I had worked with a customer on a face to face basis.

The second night we stayed in a swanky hotel in the middle of DC, The Donovan House (A Thompson Hotel). This is probably one of the neatest hotels I have stayed in ever. Leather walls, ceiling, low beds, funky shower streaming from the ceiling and top it off Keihl's shampoo and conditioner :). That bubble you see is the shower!
We met up with my sister and her fiance Rich to have dinner at MatchBox. The next day we hit the streets early because we had 3 appts in 3 1/2 hours. Our first appointment was 75 minutes late due to the SNOW. Somehow we made it to the other appts on time and finished up early. Off to the airport I drove to catch and earlier flight which cost me way too much money out of pocket that wont get reimbursed but I was home 4 hours earlier. I love being home. Being pregnant and walking in a city like DC is not fun nor ideal if you are not used to that work/road life. Thankfully my next trip isnt until the first week of March. It is my last before I have our little man and it will be a much easier trip.

My belly did a lot of growing over this past week. Asher was not a fan of the business trip to say the least. He moved constantly during the day (which I loved, but was completely distracted). When I returned home he slept for almost 2 days straight. I must have worn him out. I sure was! I love my belly growth. I especially love it when my belly is lopsided because he has shifted inside of me. This time is so precious that him and I share together. I already love him so much and have not even met him eye to eye, face to face.

We also added a little touch to his nursery this weekend that I was patiently waiting on.
I think it really finishes everything off on that wall.

I also decided that the lamp I made was too rinky dinky for the big furniture we had in the room so we are going to use it next to the glider as a reading lamp and get something more substantial for the dresser. I am sure Philip is THRILLED hahhahah.
Saturday night I joined several friends to celebrate Sarah Kaplan's birthday at Brick Tops. Philip had to chaperone his Hebrew High kids so he couldnt make it, but we all had a great time and the food was delish. Happy Belated my dear Sarah!
I also went shopping with Naomi, Ella, Jill (Naomi's co-worker who is 10 days behind me in my pregnancy - and she was a doll!) and Jen on Saturday. Gymboree was having a big $10/$20 sale so we wanted to check out all of the hype. Belk's was also having a 75% red dot sale. We found some great bargains. Jen bought Asher this precious outfit for this summer.....the shorts are actually diaper cover swim trunks! Maybe he will make it out for the end of summer in these cute little turtle trunks! THANKS JEN!

We had a great weekend but didnt have a minute to stop and rest....which is getting old. The weather was gorgeous so we tried to spend as much time outside as possible. I am so excited for spring, bloooming flowers and plants and long walks around the neighborhood. Our pussy willow's are blooming so I will have to capture some photos in the next week once they are full and fuzzy.

1 comment:

  1. nice. please show us a picture of the pussy willow! :)

    ReplyDelete