Friday, February 27, 2009

I made out like a bandit!

I can't wait to hold you.
Caress you.
Play with you.
Learn about you.
Make many memories with you.

You are name worthy.....

Oh how I love the Rebel XSi.
We bit the bullet... and purchased our new camera.
She will arrive in just under one week.
Hopefully just in time for my sister's engagement party and my first baby shower.
I am ready to capture memories that will truly capture what my eyes see.

I have been dreaming about this camera for several months. Probably close to 6 if not more. Having worked for a photographer for one short year I became obsessed with REAL cameras. SLR's. Not point and shoots (which frustrate the mess out of me). My Uncle Steven would be so proud of me. He was a professional photographer in NYC.

Philip agreed it would be a great idea to purchase this for the long haul since I love photography and we are about to have a new ever so adorable subject to photograph.

The big hold up was convincing myself that this was worth the investment. Thanks to a shady consultant (work related) .... I was able to rack in some extra commission.  Thank you to the shady people who hopefully learned their lesson. I made out like a bandit!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! The Canon XSi is an *amazing* camera -- you're going to have so much fun with it! It takes gorgeous pictures right out of the box, but it's also not too hard to learn how to manipulate the settings to get even better pictures.

    Looking forward to seeing all the beautiful pictures you'll take of your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Renee! What a great investment that you will enjoy for a lifetime! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete