Sunday, March 1, 2009

Achoooo!

IKEA IS OPEN.....and I saw it with my own eyes!

I had a wild idea that I wanted to go to IKEA (yeah its only been open for 2 weeks). I am sure it was because I was "Nesting", but then again I always Nest. I reoganized and cleaned out my dresser drawers and the entire art room (partially because all of our family is coming this upcoming weekend for my sister's engagement party and a family baby shower). I was determined to get what we needed for the nursery and get it done now. This week would be too busy with a business trip to KY.


The husband complained the entire car ride because in all honesty it was POURING. But I HAD to go to IKEA. Go figure. We ended up having a grand ole time till I about had a temper tantrum because the bookcase I wanted to buy for the nursery was to big for our car. I settled on a cinnamon bun. Great compromise, right? Thank god my lease is up next month and we will be getting an SUV.

We enjoyed all things IKEA... the cafeteria, the showrooms, the kids section, furniture and the pushing people. We are thankful that our house is fully furnished and decorated because that place could get someone into a lot of trouble.

We ended up buying several things and one of them was a small table for Asher's nursery. Philip enjoyed putting it together with the "help of my dad". You can see how helpful my dad was!

Happy Birthday Mom & Dad!

The Bass parent's happen to be one day and two years apart so every year we are blessed with a double birthday celebration on March 1st and 2nd.


Unfortunately our bowling & dinner birthday plans got squashed when we got hit with a huge snow storm around 5 PM on Sunday so we decided to get together for some good ole take out from Brooklyn Pizza. We all enjoyed chicken parmesean, pizza and salad. For dessert we had a lovely chocolate and oreo birthday cake.

Pregnancy Update:

This week marks the beginning of my 3rd trimester at 26 weeks!

There is no more hiding the fact that I AM INDEED PREGNANT! I feel fantastic STILL and am waiting for the workouts to start getting harder. I've done great this week with cutting out cheeseburger's, french fries and limiting the Oreo's. I am sure it will pay off in more weight gain regardless... I'm pregnant afterall. Friday we go for our 3d/4d Ultrasound and we can't wait to see Asher again on the big screen! We havent seen him since my 20 weeks check up and this will probably be the last time we see him before he is in our very own hands! My sister and grandma will also be in town in time for the Ultrasound and they will get their first peak out their new Nephew/Great Grandson! So far no stretch marks and no dark line down my belly. I can see my face changing as my belly grows...but I sure do love it.

Pregnancy Secret: Achooooo! I finally sneezed and accidentally peed (just a tiny, dont worry....no need to get out the Depends yet!) Yup. Everyone talked about it and I did it twice this weekend. I guess I need to make sure my bladder is fully empty all of the time from now on!

We finished our Bradley classes and we are really excited about our plans for an ALL Natural Birth. No drugs, no epidural, no IV, no nada. (we are flexible though...FYI) Our birth plan is typed up and ready to go! I'm praciting my kegels, squats, hip tilts, rocks and hoping my little man is heading in the right direction!

3 comments:

  1. I've never been to IKEA, but have heard that it is awesome! Maybe one day we'll get down there!

    And Happy Birthday to your parents! I have such good memories of our times together through dance...And that picture of your Dad "helping" Phillip just cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I love your honesty! its really inspiring. You look beautiful! Thanks for making me laugh tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO jealous!! I absolutely LOVE IKEA... addicted actually. If you asked me to name my top five things I miss from Connecticut, not having IKEA would probably be #2 (no kidding - ask my husband). I am holding out until we are in the new house to make the trip to Charlotte. I am so thrilled it is finally here in North Carolina though. YIPPEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete