I scheduled a 3d/4d Ultrasound at the Prenatal Picture here in Charlotte since I knew my sister and Grandma would be in town. I thought it would be a special treat that they would get to come (for me at least!). Unfortunately Grandma came down with the flu and Eliza's travel plans didnt pan out in time for the appointment, but the Ultrasound still went on!
Both sets of parents came.
Theatre style seating on couches. Large projection screen.
There he was in all of his glory. My handsome husband's clone.
His plump and juicy lips, his precious flared nose and (we think) his MUST HAVE clef chin!
He was everything I could've hoped for and more.
He is our baby. Our very first born.
I can' wait to set my eyes on him in another 13 weeks and hold him in my arms.
This was an opportunity to see into my incubator. To live his life for just 30 minutes.
Oh I love you... you are your father!
Philip was so sweet. He looked at me and said, "Honey I hope/bet he has your beautiful blue eyes!" I think I melted.
We found out that I have an anterior placenta which made the ultrasound a little more difficult. Don't worry an anterior placent isnt anything to worry about. It just means that for right now my placenta is in front of the baby between my belly and the baby vs in the back. This is also the reason why I have popped out so quickly these past few weeks and my belly is so pointy! There is a very high chance that it will move to a posterior position (which is a little more common). During the ultrasound you could see the placenta as a haze over his head. The umbiblical cord also was often seen floating near his stomach, arms and face. He was even holding on to the cord at times. We also saw him sucking his thumb! We walked away with several great shots and a 30 minute DVD of all the action.
He has 10 fingers and 10 toes and we are so blessed!
After the ultrasound I ran around town getting errands done before our family came in town for the Shower weekend (Eliza's Engagement and my First Baby Shower). I was exhausted by the end of the day but got the energy to go to Big Daddy's for dinner with Aunt Diane. Don't worry I ate a Turkey Burger!
After dinner we made a quick stop at Roni's Bat Mitzvah Party. If I had more energy and wasnt 6 1/2 months pregnant I would've been out there jammin with those 13 year old's. What I would do to be 13 again. They were having an ABSOLUTE BLAST!
What a wonderful and exhausting day off!
cool!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you did this! We got alot of ultrasounds with our two, but never a 3D/4D one. So cool! He is handsome:)
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful! How fun?!
ReplyDelete