
Philip's 30th Birthday weekend kicked off with a special delivery from our neighbors across the street (Have I ever mentioned we have the best neighbors all around us!?) A new cupcake shop opened up the street (SAS Cupcakes) and as you can see the cupcakes are not only gorgeous but mouth watering. They brought Philip a smores cupcake, oreo cupcake, peanut butter cupcake and a traditional vanilla/chocolate. I couldnt resist snapping a photo of their cuteness before we devoured them!

In fear of my sweet husband checking this blog prior to Friday night I didn't let you all in on the fact that I was throwing him a surprise party at my in-laws house....It wasn't big and we only invited a few people but it was a COMPLETE SURPRISE. I mean afterall it was his 30th and he is an amazing husband and father...so he totally deserved it!

You know when you have that feeling that they know.
Yeah, well I had that feeling.
But, he had no clue and it went off without a hitch!
His reaction was priceless... and he had a blast.
Asher got passed around until he was completely exhausted and put to sleep in his nursery at Softa and Papu's
Asher with his Nana and Softa

Asher with Sissy

30 years young!

Sissy

We devoured the following foods...please do not drool on your keyboard.
Price's Fried Chicken ( I wish I had a photo for you to see how much Chicken I bought)
Asian Slaw
CousCous Salad
Katz's Deli Potato Salad
Beer - Corona Light with Limes
Wine
Berries in a Cloud (Mergine's, Chocolate Mousse, Strawberries with a Chocolate Drizzle)
Cake (Yellow with homemade Chocolate Fudge Icing made by Chef Lori)

The above list of foods are ALL of Philip's FAVORITES.
I figured he deserved nothing but the best on his 30th!
The guys played Bocce and Cornhole in the backyard until it got dark.

After the party was over we decided that Asher was sound asleep and better off staying that way...so... WE LEFT HIM FOR HIS FIRST SLEEPOVER at Softa and Papu's.
I was a basketcase. I woke up every hour wondering what he was doing and if he was awake. It was good for me to "let go" and prove to myself everything would be ok, but man was it tough mentally and emotionally for me! Softa was in HEAVEN and even slept upstairs with him in the room next door to his nursery. Asher slept great and loved spending time with his grandparents!
Happy 30th Birthday Honey...We love you dearly!
What a fun surprise party! Happy Birthday Phillip!
ReplyDeletegood job renee! that is hard to surprise someone who knows you so well.
ReplyDelete