Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pure and Natural

As you recall...WE are cloth diapering.
We STILL use them...but not religiously despite what I had planned.

I do not regret my decision to cloth diaper but I regret my decision to buy so many of one kind in advanced. If I had as big of a stash of Bum Genius 3.0 that I do of Fuzzi Bunz this post might be totally different. I know the snaps last longer but the fit is akward. I am not a Fuzzi Bunz fan.

Asher is a big baby. 99th%+ these days so its bad enough we had to buy him all new clothes for Winter in 12 months vs 6 months...we don't need to add extra diaper bulk on top of that.

Cloth creates bulk which = going up a size in clothes. No thanks.

So we have found a balance between cloth and disposable diapers.
Asher always sleeps/naps in Huggies Pure & Natural.
The wetness of the cloth would keep him awake and that wasn't cutting it come nap time.
I love Huggies P & N.
He never gets diaper rash.
They hold a great deal of, ya know, pee.
So we might not really be Pure & Natural...but we sure do try.
oh and save the "i told you so's for someone else's blog"

3 comments:

  1. i have one fuzzi bunz and all the rest are bum genius, and i love them! we don't use them religiously either, but i'm glad to have them. our big babies would have to wear toddler clothes if they wore them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you made the effort is more than some people do..ie myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, do not at all feel bad about that! We have altered our "cloth only" standing and I think most people I know who do cloth do not do it exclusively. When I found out I was pregnant again, I stopped cloth for the first trimester bc I couldn't handle the smells. When we started back up again, Zeke leaked out at night so we use disposable at night. And currently we have both boys in disposable. The plan is to move both into cloth once Ben is 8 weeks... I'll let you know in 5 weeks what happens ;)

    ReplyDelete