I feel like I am constantly using this saying..."It's never a dull moment!"
I have a feeling I will continue to say this for the next 18+ years...
With this face I could be in big trouble!

I havent been the best about blogging or opening up about a lot of things that have been going on with Asher and honestly (and probably surprisingly to many readers) I am comfortable keeping it that way. I want to share, but I don't want to deal with questions. We have no answers for the questions. Frustrating concept huh? Imagine how we feel.
I will take prayers. What shoud you pray for you might ask? Pray for answers...Pray that Asher will continue to grow to be a healthy, strong and loving baby....
What I am comfortable with is that Asher is fine and we are confident he will be fine...
Every test he needed has been run. Everything is "normal". Whatever normal means these days. He has seen and will see some of the best pediatric specialists around to make sure that we give him the care he needs, when he needs it!
Asher is typically a VERY happy, smiley, babbling, 5 MONTH OLD.
Yup. Today he turned 5 months old.
He is hitting all of his milestones on time and even advanced in many areas.
5 months still sounds little to me. 6 months sounds big...and too old for my little (well not really) man.
Check out that chunky face!

Asher is huge. Almost 20 lbs huge. Bigger than most friends 12-18 month olds, but who is comparing? Philip asked the pediatricians at the hospital (yes, we have been to the hospital more than once) if what is going on with Asher (yes, not so normal things are going on) is possibly due to gigantism...Yes he really asked them this!?!? We all laughed out loud. I mean he is big, but he isnt THAT big. I love you honey. And No, he doesnt have gigantism hahahah!

We can't get enough of him. We kiss him constantly. He loves to hold our faces now when we kiss him. He loves to pinch our skin or pull our hair. His fine motor skills are really developing. He is extremely strong. He also happens to be extremely stiff and is not a big snuggler unless he is feeling crummy or very tired. I was a very very stiff baby and was not a cuddler either. Great. He has all of my undesireable traits. So far he has perfect eyes/vision (yes he has been to a pediatric eye doctor) and she said he tracked so well he was even advancd for his age. That definitey doesn't take after me. He is as handsome as his daddy. He is a spitting image of Philip. His eyes still have not made up their minds. Blue on the outside and green and brown in the middle. Quite striking with those mile long eyelashes and gignatic cheeks.
No Really. This kid is yummy. He loves to get attention. If you are not paying attention to him he will make sure he changes that by squealing and smacking his lips. He is content in his bumbo even though his legs are very squished in there. We think he will be sitting up unsupported very soon, but just isnt there yet. He is taking naps on his belly now (we are hoping his flat head starts to round back out!). He is still on breast milk excusively. He still hates the bottle. They tried to give him a pacifier in the hospital after I told them they could try. Guess what. He didnt take it...even with some sweet stuff they put on it. He would much rather his entire hand in his mouth. He gets shy in front of other people. It takes time for him to warm up. When there are a lot of people in the room he turns to "mellow baby". Quiet, calm, cool and collected which is good because he comes off as a very well behaved baby...
Happy 5 month Birthday to our our Angel Asher.
We love you and we are so blessed to be your parents.
Prayers I can do :).
ReplyDeleteAnd I would agree. Asher is yummy! I snatched him from Philip when y'all were buying tickets at the park and boy is he solid! Reminds me of Lane in so many ways. But way chiller than my guy. You've got a good one!
It was great to see you this weekend. I still feel like we could have talked about a thousand more things had we had more time to sit somewhere other than a crowded bar for a few hours. Still, it was great to see you and give you and your boy a hug!
i can tell you from experience that his flat head will round out RIGHT away when he starts sitting. i couldn't believe how fast it happened with ethan.
ReplyDeleteother than that, i hope you guys get the answers you need. but at least you don't have to worry about him growing and thriving. he's obviously doing those things just fine!
Zeke was 19 lbs at 6 months and in 95%, then things slowed down- this is typical. By his 1 year check up he was 23 lbs and in the 50%. They definitely grow their most rapidly in their first 6 months.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for sweet Asher and of course for you and Philip. We have only dealt with fairly typical sickness, but we pray constantly for us to trust God with our sons.