Over Ten Years ago I graduated High School
Ten years ago is 1/3 of my lifetime.
Although it seems like quite a long time ago it felt like yesterday (minus a few marriages, weight gains/losses, kids, and different hair do's).
Last weekend we took a road trip to Raleigh for the night to attend my 10 year high school reunion. We started the day off with a picnic at Pullen Park with a few friends who also had kids since we were in high school. We had gorgeous weather and the kids enjoyed a picnic lunch, feeding the ducks, riding the carousel/train and playing in the grass.
Cassidy, one of my best friends dating back to before high school, with Asher and her younger daughter Keelyn. Keelyn is a few months shy of 2 and her other daughter Hailey is 4. Cassidy is married to Andrew and Philip gets along with him famously. They are dying to play golf and have been talking about it for the past 2 years...probably since the last time they played together. They joined us at the park for some fall fun! Check out Keelyn's shades...she is stylin.
Sarah (Lane) Ivy was a very good friend in high school and we recently reconnected through Cassidy and blogging. She is a momma of two sweet boys, Lane (2) and Tate (6 months) and wife to Lee. During our recent pregnancy's we swapped stories and she has been a great resource and friend over the past year through pregnancy to parenthood. Spending time with her and her family was an extra special treat...got to love life with boys...!

Anna has been a dear friend of mine since college and she just returned from living in Hawaii the past 2 years. She met up with us at the park so she could finally meet Asher. We are so thrilled to have her back on the mainland!
Asher's first carousel ride!
Cassie is a dear friend from college and she met up with us at the park so she could meet Asher. Now that we are both mom's our time is so limited and we had not met up since Asher was born. Cassie is a mommy to Garrett who just turned one this past weekend! Garrett looks just like his daddy and is sweeter than pie. He is starting to walk and gave us a little show on the lawn at the park.
After the park we stopped at the NC State bookstore and Philip bought Asher a mini football, basketball and a soccer ball. Asher fell dead asleep in the car. He had not napped ALL DAY and was clearly exhausted. Our plan was to head over to Lauren and Shawn's house to relax, hang out and prep for the big high school reunion later that night.
Andrea, Lauren, Tara and I had a blast catching up all afternoon...just like the old days. Our sweet husbands hung out in the man room and watched football all afternoon. Before we left I put Asher down to sleep and got ready. Lauren's mom stayed with Asher and Lauren's daughter Ella grace for us while we went to the reunion. This was the first time we left Asher with someone other than family!
10 years later and not too much has changed...
The reunion was held at Foster's in Cameron Village. I THOUGHT it was going to be a sit down dinner however I was clearly mistaken. The food was less than impressive but the company was great. I LOVED high school. I have very fond memories of Friday night football games, playing soccer, diversity, chorus, random groups of friends, boyfriends etc. Almost ALL of my closest friends from high school attended so it was great to catch up...even if the conversations were so very generic ("Where do you live? What do you do? Kids? Married?).
Cassidy, Sarah & I stealing a quick photo....we took about 10 and this was the only one that one of us wasnt laughing with our mouth wide open, talking or looking ridiculous in...It was quite a nice night for the three of us who all have kids and don't get out often...just adults!
Todd, Alison and Angie...Chorus friends!
Scott Guirlinger was a very good friend in high school. Not only did we have the same birthday, March 27th BUT we both got the senior superlative MOST SPIRITED our Senior year!
Cassidy's husband Andrew and Philip hanging out. The photo that followed this was not blog appropriate...again they don't get out often...yet still act like BOYS!
Nina Cloud & I
Andrea (my best friend), Jon Frazier, Muwah and Stephen Jeffress
Jon and Stephen were two of my close guy friends in high school. Stephen actually dated Cassidy back in high school and my high school boyfriend (Steve) and I hung out with them often.
My girls... Lauren and Andrea.
As the night was coming to an end we busted up a conversation the guys were having...
It went something like this, "The girls still look the same: beautiful. They haven't aged like the guys have!" Too funny. Yet too true. Most of the guys showed there age a lot more than the girls...a few extra pounds, a lot less hair or no hair for that matter.
Thank you to the class of 1999 and the reunion coordinators.
It was truly a night to remember....
On the drive home we got stopped at a DWI checkpoint. The last time this happened to me I was 17. Not even legal age to drink. Although I knew I was safe I can not even begin to tell you the anxiety I felt as I passed through the checkpoint. Crazy that one of the first nights out for Philip and I as "parents" we encounter a DWI checkpoint. It was 11:30 pm. My eye make up was smudged (allergies) and my eyes were bloodshot (allergies). They passed us through and home we went to see our sweet angel still asleep in his pack n play.
Sunday morning we enjoyed Chocolate Croissant's with Lauren, Shawn and Ella Grace before we hit the road for Duke Gardens where we were scheduled to meet with Courtney (Berryman) Gray, a friend from high school, for family photos. Coming soon...
We had quite an eventful weekend and we were so exhausted by the time we got home on Sunday. Asher barely napped all weekend so we were thrilled to get home at a decent time and into our own beds! Cheers to another ten years!
you got so many good pictures!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you had a great weekend!!!! Your reunion seemed much better (and classier) than ours. It was such a disappointment, and very poorly attended. So happy that yours wasn't though!
ReplyDelete