Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The First Night of Hanukkah


Friday was the first night of Hanukkah.
We spent 6 hours in the car driving to and from Chapel Hill with Asher on Friday starting at 6am.
Asher is NOT the best car baby and doesnt like his day being disrupted by car rides and feedings cramped in a car. I have to agree with his feeling on this.

By the time we got home Friday night it was 6:30pm....12 hours after we left that morning.

My parents ran over to light the Hanukkah candles with us before Asher went down for bed.
I quickly got Asher undressed and into his Hanukkah t-shirt I bought before he was even conceived! I decided to snap a few photos of him before they came over and he got even more cranky.

He was completely exhausted and worn out from the days events but it made for a priceless memory....the bottom lip curled out and he started hysterical crying in the middle of the prayers.


Hanukkah is one of my favorite holidays because I have so many fun kid friendly decorations I have collected over the years. We have 14 menorah's and over 20 dreidels (its a growing collection. 2 of the menorah's are electric and 1 is the menorah I made as a child, 1 Philip gave me for Hanukkah last year, 1 we got the Year we got married, several are part of Philips childhood collection, some random gifts and 3 are Asher's. Our entire house is decked out and we play Hanukkah music all day long. As of today our house smells like frying oil from making potato latkes! Asher has 2 plush toy dreidels and one that sings the dreidel song and Hanukkah finger puppets.

Two of our Many Menorahs
The front door has Hanukkah spirit too..

This Hanukkah tea light house was given to us by our parents with the house deposit for our lot 3 years ago. It is one of my favorite Hanukkah pieces!

All these packages were for Asher!?
I think this little boy has no clue how spoiled he is this Hanukkah...
it's a good thing we didnt buy him much because everyone else did!

Friday night is the last night of Hanukkah we will celebrate with our parents. It will be a night of many firsts including feeding Asher his first meal of homemade baby food carrots.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Renee, that is the CUTEST T-shirt!!! How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet pictures and family memories! I love the picture of Asher and your Mom and Dad too! So precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe asher thought you guys needed singing lessons, hahaha! so glad he is enjoying his first Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how your dad's face lights up as asher starts screaming.

    ReplyDelete