Ani L'Dodi V'Dodi Li
"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine"
These are the words inscribed inside Philip's wedding band.
We cherish these words in our life, marriage and as a family...
each and everyday, not just on Valentine's Day!
Of course we took this day as an opportunity to remind ourselves to love each other all day of every day! Philip took it as an opportunity to write me a poem that was inspired by a course he is taking through the Adult Education Division at our Temple titled, "Sex in the Texts" Now before you turn your head this poem has nothing to do with sex...
It's Valentine's Day in 2010
so its time to celebrate our love yet again
I didn't get a card that is mushy and sweet
I wrote you a poem for a Valentine treat
so its time to celebrate our love yet again
I didn't get a card that is mushy and sweet
I wrote you a poem for a Valentine treat
Our love is vast and infinitely deep
I try to explain it but my worlds are too weak
Lucky for us Judaism has a rendition
if 10 things which measure love's definition
B'Gzelem Elohim
In the image of God
Which I know you have
from your sexy bod
In the image of God
Which I know you have
from your sexy bod
Trust and honesty
are relationship staples
I trust you with my world
and know you're capable
Without our health
our love would surely die
You watch over me like a hawk
With your lovingly careful eye
our love would surely die
You watch over me like a hawk
With your lovingly careful eye
Justice is required
For our to grow
I respect you as an equal
Which I know you know
For our to grow
I respect you as an equal
Which I know you know
Mishpacha or Family
We have in plenty
I wonder how much we have
To share with so many
We have in plenty
I wonder how much we have
To share with so many
Modesty we have
But we mustn't be shy
God created us in God's image
of course, that's why
But we mustn't be shy
God created us in God's image
of course, that's why
Are we Faithful?
yes we are
Our passion is pure
Far above par
yes we are
Our passion is pure
Far above par
Our love must excel
Our home is a happy one
If you couldnt tell
What is the Foundation
of every good couple
Love of course
In marriage it takes double
2 souls joining
The creation of Asher
Miracles of living
So we've fulfilled our duty
We've passed all the tests
We're a holy Jewish couple
We're running with the best
I hope this sufficed
instead of a simple card
The story of our holy love
Told by an amateur bard
instead of a simple card
The story of our holy love
Told by an amateur bard
I love you.
I am so blessed to have a husband that is so loving and flowing with his words. To top off a wonderful day we enjoyed a homemade dinner that we cooked together: Ribeye Steaks, Lobster Tails, Diced Potatoes and Green Beans. It was quite a delicious treat. We finished off the night with the movie Inglorious Basterds (not much of a Valentine movie!)
And of course what is a post without some photos from
Valentine's Day with our #1 Valentine!



"You know I am not a fan of tummy time mom..."

Asher loves his NC State football. He especially loves to put it in his mouth and lick it....that is until he remembers he tastes like rubber... YUCK!

Your Valentine's Dinner sounded a lot like ours- Super yummy!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a sweet poem from your husband! We love that verse too from Song of Songs. I have it framed in our bedroom and read it daily.
That is so sweet - you have a wonderful husband! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Asher is SO cute.
ReplyDelete