Monday, February 1, 2010

Mr Independence

It's no secret "eating" has been a challenge for our little/big man!

Asher will receive an OT evaluation this week to determine exactly what is going on and why meal times are so stressful for him, particularly with swallowing food.

We have tried everything. Jarred Baby Food, Pureed Homemade, Different Textures.
Asher does NOT like baby food.
Asher does NOT like to be fed.
So... we have decided to ditch baby food and move on to the real stuff!
Asher likes to be in CONTROL. Hmmm who did he get that from?

He wants to feed himself. Most of the food doesnt make it into his belly, half of it makes it into his mouth, and the bib catches the rest. He swallows about 10% of what makes it into his mouth and usually its by accident and/or he gags as its going down. We have brushed up on our Infant CPR just in case.


He loves pickles, lemons, whole apples, avocados, teething biscuits, lil crunchies veggie and eggs.
Eggs being his all time favorite and most often chewed and swallowed. Too bad we just found out he isnt supposed to be eating eggs. This weekend he started "chewing".

"I'm starting to get the hang of this food stuff"

"Showing off my new found skills"

Chewing...


"I told you this chewing stuff is stressful"


"I'm really trying guys"


"I did it, I'm still alive!"


"Enough of the camera lady, mmk?"


"...or I'm going to take it away!"


"Avocado Adventures"




"Mr Pickle"




On Sunday Asher decided he wanted to grab mommy's glass of water. We decided it was time to give him a cup of his own (NC state of course!). He not only held the cup, brough it to his mouth and took charge, but he swallowed the water! Time to go buy some big boy cups!

Drinking #1



Drinking #2


Phew... I had to re-do this post 4 times because blogger kept deleting content, photos, videos etc.

I have no clue what else I typed the 4 other times but it was sure a heck of a lot more than what you got in this post. Sorry folks. We are loving Asher's new found freedom and independence and can't wait to see what is next!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love the videos! I can't believe how big he is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear all about this new feeding. I am totally interested in the skipping baby food method

    ReplyDelete