After a friend recommended I visit Bakerella
I became hooked...
and obsessed...
which is how things usually happen around here.
In preparation for Asher's upcoming FIRST BIRTHDAY (cringe!) I made these cupcake pops and froze them. Now that I have the technique down I will bake another batch as we get closer that will look much prettier than this test round. They are YUM and oh so cute.
Pleaes refer to Bakerella for directions...but make sure to read some of my tips I discovered with trial and error below if you dare to try this.
First you bake the cake per the directions on the box. (You can get cake and icing for free if you coupon like I do!) Make sure it bakes ALL the way. Let it cool completely. Then crumble the cake till it is fairly fine and mix in one can of cream cheese frosting that is at room temperature. Once combined form balls that are at least 1 1/2" thick in diameter and put them on wax paper.
I made that mistake and they weren't hard or cold enough to work with.
Remove from freezer and dip the bottom half in chocolate, let the chocolate drip off so it doesnt run when you turn it upside down. Place the cupcake on the wax paper sheet. Take a lollipop stick dip it into the chocolate and stick it into the bottom of the cupcake.
(see how lumpy my chocolate looks...that was preCRISCO!)
Not only do they look adorable but they taste delicious!
So cute, Renee!
ReplyDeleteThose came out super cute! You can also check out Pioneer Woman to get her take on them (she doesn't shape them into cupcakes but just leaves them as balls), she uses less frosting and I think it works well.
ReplyDeleteso cute!
ReplyDeletethey look awesome! is it lame that i'm just doing regular cupcakes? hahaha.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you got all your baking talent from me! haha, NOT!!
ReplyDelete