Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I want my baby back...

As I sit here and the tune runs through my head I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...I am filled with mixed emotions.

We are one month short of Asher's First Birthday.
That makes my head swirl.
ONE? Already?
How is this possible?
I want to bottle him and his sweetness up and keep it forever. Right here, right now.
I guess that would warrant a call to child protective services so I will refrain.
We have come so far. We have a long way to go, but we are so proud of our baby. Afterall, he will always be our baby.



What is Asher up to at 11 months? More like what isn't he in to!?!
- 4 teeth (two large teeth with a nice gap between them on top and two on the bottom...with several more on their way)
- His eyes have settled on Hazel. Blue on the outside and light Brown in the middle
- Thinning out - still in 18-24 mo clothes and some 2T. However we can fit back in to some things that used to be too tight!
- Army, inch worm, crooked crawling (pictured below)



- Cruising on furniture, but still very hesitant
Video of Cruising at PT which is a lot more assisted than normal to correct positioning

- Sitting from a stand
- Does not sit still
- Sees it, wants it, goes for it
- Sings like a rockstar and LOVES it
- Clearly says Mom, DaDa and lots of other things we havent figured out yet. He talks A LOT!
- Eating all people food but still not in large quantities and doesnt demand it
- Still breastfeeding...although his feeds have tapered to less milk with a larger in take of table food. Still 4 feedings of milk a day...we will be working to taper that to 3 in the coming month and then start adding organic whole milk to his bottles slowly after his first birthday
- Drinks water from a sippy cup and regular cup with assistance.

- He loves the bath and wants to sit in the water as it comes out of the faucet. We can't wait till our pool opens on the 29th to get him in the water

- Asher has had 7 episodes since he was 3 months old. His 2nd MRI with sedation is scheduled for 5/17
- He is so well behaved almost ALL of the time. I'm not sure how we got so lucky
- His hair is starting to have a little curl on the ends and is light brown. I refuse to cut it.


He has quite a personality



Philip and I agree that one of the most enjoyable things to watch are Asher take in the scenery and the world surrounding him. He is so observant and doesn't miss a beat. Asher has turned into a cuddle bug and we are truly embracing this big change in every way possible. We love you Asher Davis. You are our pride and joy!


Love Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment