if you knew how much nesting I have been doing lately.
BUT I am NOT pregnant. I promise.
Either its spring or boredom, but I have this urge to redecorate. EVERYTHING.
On a budget of course.
Out of no where I decided I wanted to paint the 1/2 bath downstairs.
I picked out paint (which happened to be the same as Asher's bathroom)
Bought it (despite Philip's wishes)
Painted it myself (if you know me, you know I DO NOT PAINT)
and then
as I was cleaning up
realized
I cracked our pedestal sink.
AHHHHHHH
I was pissed. An expense we do not need.
I was however secretly excited because I hated that pedestal sink and really wanted a cabinet sink. So we had no choice but to buy a new sink. We did some research and got a beautiful cabinet sink at Lowe's.
We had never taken out a sink or replaced one.
My mom's words were, "YOU are installing it!?!? You are not going to hire someone"
We didn't need that extra expense.
After a few YouTube videos and tutorials we turned the water off and began the 3 day process (and 3 trips to Lowe's) of replacing the sink.
It started off rough. Philip was in the middle of working on his midterm for school. The last thing he wanted to do was to deal with this in his not-so-spare time. He sucked it up and pushed forward. He tried to loosen all of the connections in the back of the sink and wasnt making progress. I intervened, evaluated and realized he was not following the rule of thumb. Righty tighty. Lefty loosey. Yup.... he was tightening the mess out of that pipe. Ops! We got a good laugh out of this. We were finally able to rip the sink off the wall after everything was disconnected.


We then proceeded to detach the drain from the sink to reuse in the new sink. It would not budge. The space was so tight we were working with. Genius wife to the rescue again. Why not take the bowl off the pedestal. Brilliant. It works and we were able to detach the drain instantly.
At this point we realized we didnt have the right caulk to reassemble the sink parts so our project was halted till the following day.
After a trip to Lowe's we attempted to install the sink, but realized two of our pipes were not long enough. Ops. Another trip to Lowe's. We now have a beautiful functional sink. And best of all we did it all by ourselves.

So after replacing the sink, painting the bathroom, installing a new mirror that wasnt cracked (oh year, one month after we put the mirror up when we moved in it cracked on its own!?!?) and we replaced the light fixture that was chrome vs brushed nickel like everything else in the house. Viola....the new bathroom!

Now what to do with this cracked sink!?!?
On the note of nesting. I really want to redecorate everything. I finally got a shower curtain made for Asher's bathroom. I also moved the brown scroll magazine rack from above his toilet and put it downstairs in my newly renovated half bath pictured above. I designed this adorable 16x20 sign for above his toilet in the bathroom. The colors match his shower curtain.

and I have started planning his big boy bedroom.
This is the color palate I am working with...

etsy.com...take me away!
Oh how fun, Renee! I love to decorate too :) Love the colors you've picked for his big boy room, as well as the saying you made for above his toilet. Cute, cute, cute!
ReplyDeleteRenee...I LOVE all your ideas and your new sink!! I give you lots of credit doing it all yourself...way to go!! Crystal
ReplyDeleteRenee - I want that sign for the boys bathroom - how did you make it???
ReplyDelete