Friday, April 22, 2011

In for one, out with another...


I have a history of going to the dr for one thing and coming out with a completely different diagnosis and new problem.

A few months ago I went to the ER for an appendicitis...to find out I was ovulating for the first time on my own in 13 years, not suffering from an appendicitis. BUT....through all of the tests they found a mass on my liver. Nice little present, huh? I sure didnt ask for that, but isnt it crazy how you can find out so many more things about yourself when going for something completely different!?

Turns out the benign mass is probably (not definite) a result of long term birth control/oral contraceptive use. #2,435,682 why I don't use oral contraceptives anymore. I will have another CT with contrast in June to make sure the masses have not metastasized. Yup there are TWO.These lovely masses make me high risk for my next pregnancy. Peaches and creme. Thankful they are benign.

Next visit .... yesterday.
I have been experiencing extreme hip pain and pain down my right leg. After weeks of PT nothing has helped and it has only gotten worse. Sitting for anymore than a few minutes became torture. After they prescribed all kinds of DRUGS....which made me feel crazy and filled my cabinet to the extreme of a pharmacy we got to the bottom of IT. MRI and Nerve Study complete....No pinched or compressed nerve. Phew. Just a blocked and dilated ureter!?!?!! a blocked what? Now we are waiting for a CT Scan and further testing before they determine how to proceed. The dr. mumbled something about surgery. Hopefully non invasive. They still dont know if this is causing the hip pain and pain down my leg. After googling all this like a crazy lady I have discovered that this can cause low back/hip pain. The blocked ureter is on my left side and the pain is on my right. Sympathy pain?

Now I am racking my brain trying to figure out if I missed some symptoms for this blockage. Im sure the pain overshadowed it all. Or I am just superwoman. Ha. I wish.

You never know what you are going to get when you go to the dr.
I am thankful I am here to type about it.
I am also thankful for amazing health insurance and a very flexible boss/company that makes this all a lot less stressful.

Updates to follow....

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Praying for you Renee!

    I've had similar things happen when I've gone to the doctor... Thankful that they can eventually determine what's going on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! what a mess. i hope you are feeling okay and that everything gets worked out soon! i know it must be tough to juggle home and work when your body isn't cooperating!

    ReplyDelete