Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NYC Day 3/4


Our final full day in NYC we headed into the city around 9:30 AM. Jen and Jason had a baby naming , Naomi and Jeff were meeting up with her cousin and Philip and I headed back to my cousins for brunch and fun times with the kids. Jordana even showed off to us that she knows what the potty is, what its meant for and that she can sit on it herself. BIG GIRL is just barely 14 months old!!!


It was a much needed relaxing morning. No walking up and down the city streets. Heaven to my sore sore feet.

After brunch we met up with Naomi and Jeff at MoMa, The Museum of Modern Art after lunch. I was so excited about going to this museum. Much more up my alley than the Metropolitian (sorry honey!)
There were countless mind boggling exhibits and pieces of art.
This one caught my eye. Zippers to the eyes of the world.
It made such a strong statement. Sometimes I wish I could put zippers on Asher's eyes so that I could shield him from things.

You can't visit the MoMa without visiting the Warhol exhibit.

...and the wall off TUSHY.
Yes... I have my hands on someone's behind!

After the musem we picked up "dirty water dogs" and a potatoe knish from a street vendor.
A must have in the city.

I also snagged some Mr. Softee which would've made my grandfather so proud. Anytime we would visit him in the Bronx we would ALWAYS get Mr. Softee. It's purely the best.

We also stopped at Trump Tower to get Starbucks and snapped a few cute photos of the 2 of us.
The building was spectacular.


We headed to the East Village for an early original NY Pizza dinner at Totonno's. If you haven't been and you are in the city you must go. Crispy crust and grease dripping from the tip. Perfection.
The guys were having a "who has the biggest double chin contest" while waiting for Jen and Jason to arrive. Lovely, right? Boy do we love them. It must have been the buy one get one free beer they were drinking.

We ordered delicious pizza and salad and feasted.

We rolled ourselves out of the restaurant and headed up to Broadway to see a show...

Jeff chose to see the Broadway musical, The Book of Mormon for his birthday. I've seen many Broadway shows, but this one surpassed them all. Tickets now are sold out, nearly impossible to get, and the show has been compared to the Producers- 4 stars. Who knew Jeff knew so much about BROADWAY?!?!

This was by far one of the best broadway shows we have ever seen. I have seen A LOT of shows in my lifetime but this had the perfect combination of all things broadway. GENIUS.

After the show we took a stroll through the city before retreating to the car and back to Creskill for the night. We were exhausted. What an awesome trip!

Can you tell she had fun?
yes she will kill me for posting this photo.
but it captures the essence of our entire trip.
acting ridiculous and lots of laughter

Jason was a trooper. He lugged cupcakes from Magnolia Cupcakes all evening so that we could eat them when we got home that night. Thanks J, it was totally worth it!

6 am came awfully early the next morning.
Jason go up early to take Philip and I to the airport since we got bargain tickets and we were at the mercy of the flight gods for arrival and departure times.

What an amazing yet exhausting trip. We are so lucky to have such wonderful and fun friends to travel with. A couples weekend was much needed and we made sure to live every minute of it up....like we were "young" and childless!

Back to reality!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is that you all know all the best places to eat and what to get! You could by NYC tour guides!!! So glad you had such a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete