Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall is definitely here and so are babies!

Last weekend I took Friday off and drove with my sister to D.C. to stay with her and to visit. We had a great time. After we made the 6 hour drive back we stopped by her apartment....
Talk about the ritz living in D.C. She pays quite a little penny for condo at The Post on Massachusets Ave, but its gorgeous. A beautiful rooftop pool and view of the city, very nice garage with her own parking spot, a state of the art gym and a continental breakfast every morning. Talk about NICE...but you pay the price!
Since she works for Red Bull, just about everywhere we go is "one of her accounts". We decided to make a trip to Annapolis for the big Boat Show that was taking place. We ate dinner at Puser's and walked around Annapolis.
It was gorgeous and reminded me so much of Charleston with all of the little shops and cute houses. What a great place! We actually spent the night at a hotel in Annapolis and walk up bright and early to head back to get a work out in before our days adventures went down. We went to Taste of Georgetown and enjoyed some Falafel from one of her clients. We also visited the Harbor which was beautiful especially since the weather could not have been perfect. Just cool enough to sit outside without wearing a jacket.

We also did a little shopping while we were in Georgetown and scored some great things at H & M and Anthropologie. I bought my sis a new snazy winter jacket and I know she was very excited about that seeing how cold DC gets in the winter. We had a great weekend spending time together just the two of us. I can't remember the last time it was JUST US.... sisters! Saturday night Eliza dropped me off to meet up with Andrea at Neiman Marcus...(her now former employer, since she gave her notice the day after I left, yippe!). We went to a dinner party with some of her co-workers and had a fantastic time dining with them at their beautiful home and eating a yummy Italian meal!
Sunday Andrea and I did NOTHING.... which is what we love to do. We got up and she made me homemade oatmeal which was delicious. . We watched T.V., football, made cookies, scones, bought mum's for her front porch and did more of nothing. It was perfect in every way. I had the best weekend with two of my bestest's and I was so glad that I made the trip to visit them all in D.C. My flight was late so I didn't end up getting back to Charlotte till midnight. My dad was out of town so I decided to spend the night with my mom. We had a sleepover which reminded me of the old days when I used to live at home.....I love my mommy.

Even though last week everyday was something like this... Wake up 50 degrees, Lunch time 80 degrees, go to bed 65 degrees.... we have officially entered fall. The cool crisp weather has arrived ALL DAY LONG and I am loving it...but it makes me want to stay in bed ha!
ps. lots of babies have been born in the past two weeks.
Isabella "Ella" McGinnis daugther of Jeff and Naomi McGinnis



Ella Grace (double name) Brady -daughter of Lauren and Shawn Brady born this Friday!


So many exciting birth's to celebrate with wonderful friends...and many more to come!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment