Monday, October 27, 2008

MY SISTER GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!

MY SISTER GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!


Big weekend in the Bass family.

My parents somehow were able to "keep the secret" from me....even though I had many suspicions all the way up until when my sister called to tell me Rich had proposed.

Short story....Rich asked my parents for permission. He also asked my parents to meet him and his parents in Greensboro at our family jeweler's approximately one month ago with the diamond that my grandfather left for my sister (he left each of us one). They all met for the first time and helped him pick out the gorgeous setting. They got along really well and had lunch together. All without Eliza knowing....which is a big feat!
Gorgeous Ring!


The proposal. Rich flew up to DC to see Eliza this past weekend. He has told her that he wanted to take her out to a nice dinner because he is getting ready to move up there and money would be tight and nice dinner's would be few and far between. Before they went out to dinner he presented her with a book that he put together with a song he had written for her. Rich is a musician (plays dueling pianos as a hobby etc). After he presented her with the book he proposed to her. They both went out to nice dinner in DC and celebrated! Rich fooled Eliza because she thought he was going to do it on our Cruise in 3 weeks that we were all going on. Great job Rich on pulling on over the most suspicious bride to be :) Welcome to the family!

We are so excited for Rich and Eliza. It seems so surreal. My little sister is engaged?! I was in total shock at first. I can't tell you how many times I said, "my little sister is engaged, oh wow!". Not that I didn't think this would ever happen but she is my little sister after all. Rich will gain a sister, I will gain a brother....neither of which we have either had before! Its a good thing we all get along really well :).

They are planning for an end of September early October wedding in 2009. Details will definitely follow. I will be the MATRON of Honor....Does that make me old? or Matronly? I sure hope not.

2009 is going to be filled with some AMAZING life changes....I can feel it already!
Mazel Tov to my sis and Rich on their new status: Fiance'!

3 comments:

  1. congrats to Eliza! By AmAZing life changes are you implying anything else?? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Eliza and Rich! Congratulations!!! What a beautiful ring and a special proposal... You make a great couple!

    ReplyDelete