Monday, November 3, 2008

7 lbs of sugar!

Friday was a blast...

Ever since I moved to Charlotte and left Global Knowledge (which had the BEST Halloween celebration I have heard of or found anywhere)...although Leah Guenther's company is a pretty close 2nd...I have tried to make the most of Halloween on my own.

I love Halloween. I love giving out candy, telling the kids to be safe and brush their teeth and checking out their super cute costumes. I also love to entertain...so I decided this year to combine those two things. We invited several couple friends over to enjoy homemade chili, pumpkin chocolate chip bread and beer. We had a great time and everyone enjoyed checking out all of the trick or treaters.


I would run to the door when the door bell rang...or just leave the door open so I could spot the little ones. We had big ones, little ones, not dressed up trick or treaters (which Philip always gave a hard time to), slutty looking trick or treater's (who let's their kid go out looking like this!?), and the one that won best costume was Operation Man.

Let me elaborate for all of your because I didn't take a photo because it felt super creepy. It was bad enough I asked the mom to bring the child into the house to show everyone her costume. Yes I really did that. OK so back to the costume your dying to hear about.
Now you remember operation man looks like this:

Well this parent didn't just do the typical operation man with the cut outs for the different pieces...they also put foil around each opening and there was a pen just like with the real game that when you touched it to the foil the ENTIRE COSTUME VIBRATED!!!!!! I mean seriously.... it was the best costume of the night.

Philip decided that our children will never wear He-man costumes that zip up in the back from Walmart that have the big muscles...he thinks that they lack creativity and the child should go without a costume instead of that....he was pretty opinionated about this and I told him that I thought it was fantastic that he wanted our children to have creative costumes....so he gets to make/create them, while I carve the pumpkins :) Nice compromise don't you think? Bella's costume was pretty darn cute if I might add....

After spending two days preparing for this party I was exhausted by 930 and the party was dying down. We ended up giving away 7 lbs of candy. We had THAT MANY kids come through. I would estimate about 250 kids.

Philip dressed up as an Australian Rules Football Player and wore his very short shorts....hopefully he didn't scare the guests too much! We also captured some photos of Bella with our next door neighbor Amelia before it got too dark. They are best friends and enjoyed hanging out over some Halloween pretzels!


Jeff and Naomi brought Ella with them for the party and I carried her around most of the night. When I would come to the door people would ask me how old my daughter was... oh how I loved that :) Another neighbor said, "Boy I havent seen you in a while but not long enough for you to have a baby...what's the deal!?" hahhahha. She was so good and so cute in her Halloween outfit.

Happy Halloween. I hope you and your children all had a wonderful time...AND make sure they brush their teeth, PLEASE :)

1 comment:

  1. Just tell Philip that costume selection won't always be up to him...kids have quite an opinion about these things!

    ReplyDelete