Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Me, the Planner

I have to have it all together and far in advanced.

So as you can imagine I have been brainstorming since we started trying to conceive (really since I was a little girl) what I was going to do for a girls and/or boys nursery...Since we don't know and won't know until Dec 29th I will leave that post and those ideas till later.

In the mean time I can share with you the furniture that we already purchased on major sale that will sit waiting for us (to be ready mentally) to pick it up at USA Baby. The truth is that I want the crown moulding and paint to be applied to the nursery before we bring any furniture in, hence the wait.

I did a lot of research on baby furniture. I am picky all things baby... or mabe that is all thing in general...ekkk. I am not afraid to admit it. I read and re-read the book, "Baby Bargain's" (which happens to be my bible and guide) furniture/crib section, asked numerous friends that have had or just had babies to get their thoughts on the best bang for the buck. I wanted something that looked classy, dark dark wood, converted to a full size bed, real wood and wasn't ridiculously expensive. I found it!

Please meet our lovely nursery furniture by Munire, Newport Collection in Espresso.

We purchased the Universal Crib and the 6 drawer side by side dresser which is not pictured but looks like the one below with additional drawer's instead of a door (no hutch). We will not use a changing table specifically for changing. Instead we will use the top of the dresser.

Items we will be adding over the next 2 months will include: a shag rug that is brown or green, a glider upholstered chair, drapes for the windows, possible bookshelves, a lamp and a table next to the glider...and I am sure many more things I can't think of because after all... I am pregnant!

Project list includes: putting up crown moulding, painting the walls (which will include 3 solid color walls and one patterned wall), installing some type of new shelving in the closet, and a light fixture that emites light.
Did I mention I absolutely love this stuff.... now I need to find the energy to do it!

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you about littlelavender.com. It is the best!!! Everything on consignment I have bought from them is perfect. I have bought the most from the Remember Ngyuen samples from them though. I LOVE them! Such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set! I can't wait to see what the nursery looks like when it is all done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that furniture is fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete