Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nesting and Monogramming

I love my husband...

Philip has put up with just about everything with me and this pregnancy. I have visions for the way I want everything to be. I have always been this way and am not afraid to admit that I like to have control of the situation...especially when it comes to decorating. I do however know that not everything will happen the way I envision it or want it to be. I am OK with that. I know babies and pregnancy mean many unexpected surprises and I am looking forward to embracing them!

Friday night Philip installed Asher's Elfa Closet System. It didnt come with directions even though the salesperson swore to me over the phone it would. Philip started to put it together with no real direction or idea of what he was trying to do. It caused for much frustration, sweat and several beers. We finally watched the video online at containerstore.com which CLEARLY explained how to put everything together. We had the AHA! moment. We joined forces together and finished the closet. I love the way it turned out! Now its time to fill it with even more clothes! Most of closet is filled with gifts or bargainsthat I have picked up at Marshalls Clearance or Belk's Red Dot Sale!


Saturday I made a visit to pick up all of the monogramming I had done the week prior from L & M Monogramming (so cheap!) here in Charlotte. Warning... lots of monogramming!
A taggies blanket I have have been holding on to for a long time!

Handmade Lampshade by me!


Nightlight...

Asher's towel's in his bathroom


A few items I have collected over time: toddler bib, boxers and diaper cover.



Can you tell I have an obsession with monograms?

I also hit up Lucy & Co. to pick out Asher's light fixture for the ceiling and the drapes for the windows. We decided on green & white plaid drapes with brown pom poms lining the insides. The light will be a burlap/linen like drum shade with onion skin on the bottom so we are not staring at light bulbs! Everything should be ready in 3 weeks and we can install the drapes and light! While we were there we also picked up this super cute stand to go next to the glider for dirt cheap. Beth who own's Lucy & Co. is getting ready to downsize her show room and gave us this side table for a steal of a deal. I love the shape.


Week 22 belly shot. This was a big week. My belly has changed A LOT and Asher is moving so much more than in previous weeks. I love feeling these sensations inside me. It makes me wonder what he is thinking....He definitely loves it when I work out because he is as still as could be! I finally received comments in public acknowleding that I am pregnant by people I dont know. I love my little bump!

We received some more exciting new this week. Not only is my cousin's partner pregnant and due one week before Asher, BUT her sister (our other cousin) is due 2 months after me with her 2nd child. All three cousins will be 2 months apart! We could not be more thrilled and are so glad that they will be buddies for life! BABY MANIA!!!!

Sunday night Mom & Dad Schreibman had a SuperBowl party. We had quite a mixed crowd and it was a very exciting game. I typically get bored with football which annoys Philip but this game was non stop action and I was glued to the TV till the end. Everyone put up a great fight! The Schreibman's were routing for the Steeler's since Dad lived in Pittburgh and so did I!



I am off to DC for a business trip for part of the week and a visit to see my sister in her WEDDING DRESS!!!! I can't wait! plus... I am staying in some really nice hotel's :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the new layout. Have fun with Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello belly! I love your bump. You look great! Kicking and squirming is so much fun to have going on inside. It's like a little reminder of the miracle growing in you!

    AND your monogramming is awesome. You've done a great job coordinating and decorating things.

    This is one loved little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the organized closet! Friend, you are a girl after my own heart! And all the monogramming- Irresistable!!!!

    ReplyDelete