Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blooming & Blossoming

The flower's are blooming...

This week we "bloomed"! Our pussy willow bush is finally popping up blooms on every twig. Our scattered bulbs have even started sprouting beautiful purple flower's and they even multiplied since last year! This is one of my favorite times of year. I can't wait to get out there and plant a few annuals next week..... cold weather please stay away for good!


Personally this was a tough week. Lots of things going on with work and outside of work that really clogged my brain. For the first time in awhile, I threw my hands up. I am sure Philip felt the brunt of it, seeing that I can tend to be quite moody these days. I confess. I finally shed a tear or two... I won't go into to details but I am thankful that things are simmering down and my mom has helped me come back to reality and get peace of mind on everything.

I'm close with my mom. Not just close in proximity (since she lives in my neighborhood). Without her...and my vent sessions I'd be lost. If it wasn't for her this week, I think I might've shed a few more tears...maybe even a full all out breakdown. I am so thankful that not only is she someone I can talk to about anything and everything, but we live in the same neighborhood (even if it isn't forever!) . Although I admit I don't think I would mind it one bit if they stayed:)

The week ended. I made it through. I am firm believer that something good always has to come out of something bad and that happened on Friday at 3:30 PM. I finally closed a deal at work. (This by the way was not the cause of my stress initially). This was a BIG deal. A 6 month deal which means I will at least have one contractor working while I am maternity leave and therefore I will still make SOME commissions. My biggest fear about my maternity leave is that I am not going to have any commissions coming in. Yes I am paid for 6 weeks, but 6 weeks are NOT paid. This put me one step closer to feeling more secure about my maternity leave.

We also interviewed our first nanny this week. We received her name through a family friend (from my mom). She was a former Au pair for a local family and aged out of the program Au pair program. She was a doll. We absolutely loved her and so did Bella instantly which was a HUGE deal. We are trying to work out the logistics and will keep you posted. This is a huge weight off my shoulder's. I panic more about what is going to happen after Asher is born and I go back to work than I do about the actual labor. I want him to stay in our house for the first year with an in home nanny. Hopefully my prayers will be answered and it will all fall into place.


My body is blossoming....
25 weeks and I am still feeling great.
Still running (believe it or not, I have witnesses) and craving my 4-5 day a week hour long work outs. I am still craving cheeseburger's, french fries and chocolate. I have officially decided I need to cut back on these so that I don't spin out of control. "Hello Brain... I like salad just as much as this junk. Let's work a little harder to remember that, OK? Thanks!" If I wasn't working out I am convinced I would be huge....actually I KNOW I would be huge. I am unfortunately just one of those people with THAT type of body. I don't know how other people do it and I am envious...but then again my work outs are my sanity.... call me insane.

Today was our 25 week check up and I have gained right under 13 lbs so far... I had a feeling this weigh in would be big...but I think I did fairly well and am proud of my weight gain thus far. 1.2 lbs per week since my last appointment! I can see my face slowly changing with my body....but I love it and am embracing it. My goal is to not gain anymore than 35 lbs. Wish me luck....hopefully kicking the cheeseburger/french fry habit will help slow the weight loss back down to a normal 1 lb a week pace.


Does anyone notice anything different about me in these photos? Other than my belly and face are growing? HINT: compare to previous weeks. Its not super obvious but give it a guess and leave a comment!

This past weekend was the calm before the storm. Starting this coming weekend is 30 days of straight GO GO GO. 8 birthdays to celebrate, 3 engagements, 2 bridal showers and 5 baby showers (3 for me!) .... ALL IN MARCH! I am so excited about all of the celebrations and can't wait to see everyone that I haven't seen over the past year since I got pregnant!

8 comments:

  1. Am I crazy or did you get your hair cut? I know it's still long, but it looks like it got a fresh chop. If i'm wrong....blame it on the pregnant eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are wearing long sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw your pictures, I was actually thinking...Wow, she hasn't changed much at all since last week. But on closer look, I'm with Ivy Mom. I think something is different with your hair.

    So sorry that you had such a tough week. Praise God for Moms though! I vent/cry/talk to mine all the time too and love living next door to her! And you think you love her now...just wait until that baby comes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know from experience that it feels good to have a little security blanket for maternity leave, so congrats on closing the deal. :) You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nay, I think you hair looks a little darker...may just be my computer. You look cute as ever! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nay, I think your hair looks darker...but could just be my computer screen :) You look cute as ever!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a winner!!!
    I dyed my hair to my natural root color. The sun tends to lighten the ends of my hair and I hate it.

    It's all dark and one color...
    a few of you get extra points for guessing I got it trimmed because that is right too. Although its only 1/2 inch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I just had a chance to read this. I am always here for you. Love always, mommy

    ReplyDelete